It's just a matter of time before Black Panther hits the $1 billion mark. Black Panther has already crossed the $700 million mark globally after just two weeks in theaters.
We believe T'challa has the power.
One of the most talked about Hollywood ventures "Black Panther" has proved to be a money spinner at the India Box Office. The film trails behind Jurassic World ($404 million) and The Force Awakens ($540 million).
Garland's second film as director after the acclaimed 2015 sci-fi thriller Ex Machina, Annihilation tells the tale of a biologist and former soldier who joins a mission to find out what happened to her husband inside "Area X" along America's coastline, where a sinister phenomenon has turned the landscape into an environmental wasteland and mysterious dangers abound.More news: LOC ceasefire: Indian forces martyr Pakistani civilian
Now the highest-rated Marvel or superhero film of all time on the RottenTomatoes online reviews curator, with 96 percent approval, Disney said it was expecting "exceptionally strong" word-of-mouth to further boost ticket sales.
The new comedy Game Night opened in second place with $16.6 million.
This bucks the trend of U.S. studios only committing modest budgets to black-specific movies, out of a belief that white audiences - particularly in the increasingly important foreign markets - will not be interested. The movie, which earned strong reviews but a poor C CinemaScore from audiences, made headlines late past year when Paramount and Skydance, partners on the film, sold off worldwide rights to Netflix.
Marvel's Black Panther is exploding the box office, exceeding even the highest of expectations. Amidst the Bollywood dominance, the movie has opened to good numbers at the Indian box office.More news: Gosling stuns Newcastle to snatch draw for Bournemouth
Far behind in second place, Warner Bros.' dark comedy mystery film "Game Night" opened with an estimated USD16.6 million.
Black Panther has found love among critics too. "The question is, what else is there?" With the global collection included, Black Panther minted $704 million.
The principal cast features mainly non-white actors, including Oprah Winfrey, Mindy Kaling, Storm Reid, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Michael Pena.
"The assumption is yes because obviously it has proven to be profitable but, then again, there is still this disconnect in our industry".More news: Billy Graham's body makes four-hour processional from Ashville to Charlotte, pictures
- Mexican president's US visit called off after border wall row with Trump
- Sridevi's former co-stars Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan land in Mumbai to console family
- Nagasu 10th in ladies single event at 2018 Olympic Winter Games
- Large natural disaster rattles Papua New Guinea
- National Basketball Association agent Dan Fegan dies in auto accident
- The Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln croons a goofy goodbye for Chandler Riggs
- Travis Scott Reportedly Gifts Kylie Jenner With A $1.4 Million Ferrari
- Joanna Demafelis: Employers of Filipina maid found dead in freezer arrested
- Suarez Scores Hat-Trick As Barcelona Thump Girona
- Weekend Review: Bookies clean up on England's shock Six Nations defeat