Turns out J.R. Smith landed in hot water for - well, throwing hot water.
The person spoke to The Associated Press on Friday on condition of anonymity because the team is not divulging specifics of Smith's punishment.
Damon Jones once played for the Cavaliers (left) before retiring and becoming an assistant coach for the franchise (right). Smith was present for Cleveland's shootaround earlier Thursday, meaning the incident apparently occurred after then.More news: Sridevi's former co-stars Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan land in Mumbai to console family
Asked about for more about what happened Thursday, Lue said, "I'm not going to get into all that".
While nothing has emerged of Smith losing his starting spot, for the first time this season, the second unit has players that might make a great replacement for Smith. He's always been a streaky shooter, but his shot isn't falling as often.
Smith has started 56 games, averaging 8.3 points and is shooting 36 per cent on 3-pointers. Both players would add consistency to the starting unit while Smith would hopefully take his hard shot-making ability to the second unit and help bail them out of broken possessions.More news: Dillian Whyte Reveals Wilder Sparring Story Ahead Of Ortiz Fight
Rodney Hood started in Smith's place against the Sixers and scored 11 points on 5 of 14 shooting.
Jones, a former Cleveland guard, has been with the Cavs as a coach since 2014 after working his way up from the franchise's G-League squad.More news: Vivo's Apex concept phone gives you a peek into the future
- Crude Prices Fall Amid Rising Oil & Gasoline Inventories (USO)
- Czech court releases Syrian Kurdish leader Saleh Muslim
- North Korea reportedly aiding chemical weapons production in Syria
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian to Appear on 'Celebrity Family Feud'
- After Dick's, Only One Major Retailer Is Still Selling Semi-Automatic Rifles
- Larger Rise in Stockpiles Than Forecasts Weigh on Oil Prices
- Could Northampton's Prezzo be at risk?
- PSG sweat over Neymar injury ahead of return leg against Real Madrid
- Venezuela Pushes Back Presidential Vote to Late May
- Where South Africa will be targeting Australia in the four-Test series