NAIJ.com earlier reported that President Muhammadu Buhari promised that his administration would ensure the safe return of all those abducted by the Boko Haram insurgents, including the 110 students of the Government Science and Technical College in Dapchi, Yobe state.
Plan called the Dapchi schoolgirls kidnap a "classic case of history repeating itself with no lessons learnt" and a gross violation of the girls' right to freedom and equality.
The Nigerian military on Sunday said it deployed air assets, including intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance platforms, in search of the missing schoolgirls. Boko Haram has proved a steady threat to communities in north-eastern Nigeria. Police said on February 21 that 111 girls from the college were unaccounted for following a jihadist raid late on February 19.
"The abduction of Dapchi school girls is a flagrant violation of Islamic rules of engagement which forbid attacks on women, children and old people during hostilities".More news: National Basketball Association agent Dan Fegan dies in auto accident
The people did not only boo the number one citizen of the state but threw stones and risky objects at his convoy, resulting in the destruction of some vehicles. The army said troops were redeployed from Dapchi after relative peace had been achieved to other places to consolidate on the fight against Boko Haram.
Adewole, in the statement also said that "the Yobe State Governor, Ibrahim Geidam has insisted that the abduction was preceded by the withdrawal of troops meant to safeguard the troubled area".
Mr. Nwachukwu's statement reaffirms the details he gave newsmen which included the fact that the Nigerian Army's 159 Task Force Battalion was moved from Dapchi to Kanama on January 10, exactly 40 days before the invasion of the girls' school in Dapchi on February 19.
"It is thus obligatory, to state that the allegation reportedly attributed to the Governor of Yobe State is misleading and misinforming".More news: Dillian Whyte Reveals Wilder Sparring Story Ahead Of Ortiz Fight
There was no time that the military informed the police of their withdrawal, consulted or handed over their locations in Dapchi town to the police.While noting that whereas Boko Haram had been technically defeated, MURIC said the Nigerian military had inadvertently allowed the insurgents to gain the upper hand in wits. But in the case of Dapchi, the Nigeria Army, through the spokesperson of the Operation Lafiya Dole, never informed or handed over to the Police.
"Our role is to defend the territorial integrity of the country".
He said the police did nothing to repel the attack despite having a division in Dapchi.More news: Vivo's Apex concept phone gives you a peek into the future
- 'Black Panther' Shatters Box Office Record, Crosses $700 Million Globally
- Czech court releases Syrian Kurdish leader Saleh Muslim
- Larger Rise in Stockpiles Than Forecasts Weigh on Oil Prices
- Travis Scott Reportedly Gifts Kylie Jenner With A $1.4 Million Ferrari
- US Curling Team Shocks Sweden To Win Gold At 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics
- Apple will provide in-house medical care for employees
- Pinpointing winds, rain and snow
- Google Unveils the Beta Version of Its Mobile UI Framework Flutter
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian to Appear on 'Celebrity Family Feud'
- Could Northampton's Prezzo be at risk?