Kunitskaya has fought at featherweight before, scoring a first-round TKO of Cindy Dandois more than seven years ago. I know this is MMA.
Under this model, each fight card feels less compelling than the one that came before it and public interest appears to be at it's lowest point in well over a decade.More news: Larger Rise in Stockpiles Than Forecasts Weigh on Oil Prices
That knock on the door is coming from Kunitskaya (10-3), a personable Russian bantamweight making her UFC debut at featherweight. In fact, she laughs when I suggest that she probably felt ready the first time she put the gloves on. She accepted the fight back then but was denied a visa to travel to the USA multiple times. But Kunitskaya also trains in New Mexico with Holm, who caused a modicum of trouble for the seemingly unbeatable Cyborg in their holiday matchup. Stamann managed to steal some considerable wind from the sails of the highly-rated French prospect Tom Duquesnoy in his last outing, a true upset given the hype surrounding his opponent and with Caraway's position just shy of the top five, look to the victor of this one to make some serious strides towards a title challenge.
"Since I took the fight so quick, I think people are going to want to see how she'll do on short notice", Justino said.
Cyborg did end the interview, however, by commenting that if Ronda Rousey didn't want to face her in UFC, she doesn't think Rousey would allow the confrontation to happen in WWE either. The co-main event of the night features Frankie "The Answer" Edgar taking on Brian "T-City" Ortega to determine who will be the next in line to take on Max Holloway for his belt once he is healthy!More news: Amazon buys Ring in another move to get into your house
With Cyborg and Kunitskaya booked, and Nunes reportedly defending her title against Raquel Pennington at UFC 224 in Brazil, the superfight will have to wait. "For me, if I can punch and kick and be respected standing up too, that's awesome, because if I wanted to just do jiu-jitsu, I would just stay in jiu-jitsu". "I haven't fought in nearly a year".
"I've got nothing scheduled". The Los Angeles-area native is an exceptional jiu-jitsu player, but his last two fights turned into standup brawls.More news: Dillian Whyte Reveals Wilder Sparring Story Ahead Of Ortiz Fight
- United Nations demands unconditional release of Dapchi schoolgirls
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian to Appear on 'Celebrity Family Feud'
- Suspects released over murder of Slovakian journalist Jan Kuciak
- North Korea reportedly aiding chemical weapons production in Syria
- Israel PM questioned for first time in corruption case
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Has the Best Smartphone Camera, Too
- After Dick's, Only One Major Retailer Is Still Selling Semi-Automatic Rifles
- Czech court releases Syrian Kurdish leader Saleh Muslim
- PSG sweat over Neymar injury ahead of return leg against Real Madrid
- Venezuela Pushes Back Presidential Vote to Late May