Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 300th La Liga goal with a sumptuous finish against Getafe.
Francisco Portillo restored some hope for the visitors with a goal in the 65th minute but Getafe struggled to inspire a comeback with a numerical disadvantage on their back.
Two of those came in the 3-1 over PSG at the Santiago Bernabeu last month and two more in an identical scoreline against Getafe on Saturday will represent a big boost in confidence ahead of Tuesday's huge game at the Parc des Princes.More news: Shaquem Griffin and Josh Allen among winners at NFL Combine in Indianapolis
With star striker Neymar out injured, Angel Di Maria staked his claim to start against Real Madrid next week by scoring two goals as Paris Saint-Germain beat a sloppy Marseille side 3-0 Wednesday to reach the French Cup semifinals.
Zidane told his postgame news conference that he was happy that his team had recovered from their midweek 1-0 defeat at Espanyol and showed they were fully focused on the job in hand.
Madrid's win over Getafe saw them move to within seven points of second-placed Atletico Madrid in La Liga, with their neighbours taking on leaders Barcelona today.More news: Egypt, Saudi join hands to face divisive regional interventions
"PSG are a very strong team and the player who will replace Neymar will be good, for sure, so we don't think that without him it will be easier", Zidane said to reporters, as quoted from Marca. It was very important to put in a disciplined, all-round decent performance.
Midfield pair Toni Kroos and Luka Modric are both doubts for Real's clash with PSG, but Zidane has indicated that he intends to have everyone travel to France and train ahead of the match. "We will have to play in that game with a different intensity certainly, but we are ready for Tuesday". "I am also happy with how Theo played". "We'll have to see on Sunday if they do [train]. We're not thinking about an easy game", Zidane said.
The Real boss said: "He's going to be in Paris and I'm very happy because he is going through a very good moment".More news: Turkey resumes attacks against Afrin, killing 13
- Chinese military not a threat, NPC spokesman says
- Britain sports icon Roger Bannister pass away aged 88
- BJP Likely To Garner Public Opinion On 1 Nation, 1 Election
- Trump says he's not afraid of the NRA. Prove it.
- Merkel, Trump discuss Syria cease-fire, Putin's new weapons
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Has the Best Smartphone Camera, Too
- John Kelly: I have 'nothing to even consider resigning over'
- Tag: national security advisor
- Big Ten Predictions: Can Purdue cover vs. MI in final? 3/4/18
- UFC 222 Betting Preview: Cyborg vs. Kunitskaya Odds, Trends, Card Analysis