Griffin, whose left hand was deformed by a birth defect and then later amputated, shocked the National Football League community and fans by pumping out 20 reps at 225 pounds during the bench press portion of the combine Saturday night.
Griffin's unofficial 4.38 isn't just fast for a person, National Football League player or linebacker.
It was a big weekend for Griffin, who on Saturday did 20 repetitions of 225 pounds in the bench press, using a prosthetic on his left arm to attach to the bar.More news: United Nations demands unconditional release of Dapchi schoolgirls
Griffin is a versatile player who many scouts have projected to be used as an outside linebacker or a safety.
The hand was amputated when he was four years old, the result of a rare condition known as amniotic band syndrome.More news: China lashes out at U.S. over loosening of Taiwan travel rules
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? But he's about 30 pounds lighter than his brother and plays cornerback.
Griffin, 22, was named the AAC Defensive Player of the Year and he helped lead UCF to an undefeated season. He was the (American Athletic) Conference player of the year two years ago. "If I keep doing what I'm doing now, I think I can change a lot of minds and be able to inspire more kids every day I go".
Griffin said he he's playing football because he believes it's his goal. At the end of the day, you have to show people what you can do.More news: UFC 222 Betting Preview: Cyborg vs. Kunitskaya Odds, Trends, Card Analysis
That versatility will continue throughout the draft process as Griffin plans to go through drills as both a linebacker and a defensive back. "But I'm in the middle and all I can do is finish my job here, work as hard as possible and hopefully they give me a shot". I got a few interceptions against some slots (two in college). "I always hold myself to a higher standard because, if we're doing drills and I drop a ball, it's, 'He dropped the ball because he has one hand'".
- After Dick's, Only One Major Retailer Is Still Selling Semi-Automatic Rifles
- Gov. Scott Pushes $500 Million School Security Plan In Tampa
- Israel PM questioned for first time in corruption case
- John Kelly: I have 'nothing to even consider resigning over'
- Big Ten Predictions: Can Purdue cover vs. MI in final? 3/4/18
- Neymar Undergoes Successful Surgery on Foot Injury
- Suspects released over murder of Slovakian journalist Jan Kuciak
- China appreciates Ghani's peace initiative towards Taliban
- Tag: national security advisor
- Google Unveils the Beta Version of Its Mobile UI Framework Flutter