He left County jail, rushing to a waiting auto, after posting his $30,000 bail. Efforts to speak to him or his lawyer were not immediately successful.
Former Raiders coach Jack Del Rio took to Twitter on Monday, chiding the NFL's rules limiting or eliminating team contact with players serving suspensions.More news: Watch a hotel rip Trump's name off its sign
A spokesman for the San Francisco County District Attorney's Office said Smith will be arraigned Monday. She reported to a police dispatcher about 8:30 p.m. that Smith was beating her at her residence in the 600 block of Bush Street.
Smith's fiancée told the gossip website that her parents drove him to the rehab clinic. "The suspect threw her around the room".More news: No age of consent: force must be proved in child rape
Smith was booked Tuesday afternoon in San Francisco and was being held on $30,000 bond on misdemeanor charges of willful infliction of corporal injury, assault with force likely to produce great bodily injury, false imprisonment and vandalism (less than $400).
He had been on the suspended list since late 2015 for violating the NFL's policy on substance abuse.
Two days later, Smith resurfaced when he turned himself into a San Francisco jail on Tuesday, according to Evan Sernoffsky of the San Francisco Chronicle. He recorded 44 sacks in 50 games with the 49ers before registering 3.5 in nine contests (seven starts) with Oakland in 2015. But he hasn't played since 2015, when the National Football League levied a one-year suspension on him with detailed requirements to achieve reinstatement.More news: Antonio Conte hits back at Chelsea critics
- LaLiga to take VAR plunge in 2018-19
- BJP usurped power through proxy in Meghalaya:Rahul
- High of 45 with strong winds in Boulder today
- The top ten billionaires are even richer than Forbes says
- China's foreign minister slams Trump tariffs
- Extremists stage deadly attacks in Burkina Faso capital
- Egypt, Saudi join hands to face divisive regional interventions
- Governor: Deal reached to end 9-day teachers' strike
- Trump says he's not afraid of the NRA. Prove it.
- Porsche unveils Mission E Cross Turismo EV study at Geneva show