"Contrary to what might have been written or said., decisions already taken and those to come have had the complete agreement of Neymar of course, and of his family, all the staff at PSG, the medical staff, the organisation and management of PSG, and the representatives of the CBF", Saillant said.
The world's most expensive footballer was operated on in Belo Horizonte by the Brazil national team doctor.More news: Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway will return to present Best Picture
The Paris Saint-Germain player will begin his post-operation recovery at his mansion in Mangaratiba, along the southern coast of Rio de Janeiro state, local media reported.
His recovery will be monitored by Brazil and PSG physiotherapist Rafael Martini, who has been working alongside Neymar since he started his career at Santos in Sao Paulo. A statement read, as quoted by the club's official website: "The operation consisted of the laying of a screw associated with a transplant fixed at the level of the lesion of the fifth metatarsal of the right foot".
"Neymar is sad, but understands that he has no alternative (to surgery) now".More news: Egypt, Saudi join hands to face divisive regional interventions
But if Lasmar's prognosis of a almost three-month wait is true, then Brazil will be scrambling even to get him ready for the World Cup in Russian Federation starting in June.
The Ligue 1 side next play Real Madrid on March 6, where they need to overcome a 1-3 deficit in the second leg of their Champions League round-of-16 encounter.
"He will be re-evaluated in around six weeks in order to specify a possible date when he can return to training", CBF said.More news: Donald Trump suggests death penalty for opioid dealers
- China's foreign minister slams Trump tariffs
- UFC 222 Results: Brian Ortega Emphatically KO's Frankie Edgar
- Apple Turns Up Audio Ambition With High-End Headphones
- Central Michigan postpones game in wake of campus shooting
- Merkel, Trump discuss Syria cease-fire, Putin's new weapons
- Trump says he's not afraid of the NRA. Prove it.
- Extremists stage deadly attacks in Burkina Faso capital
- Chinese military not a threat, NPC spokesman says
- US Aircraft Docked in Vietnam
- Germany to finally have a new gov't as SPD agrees in referendum