According to a new piece by The Verge, Amazon is now working to fix a bug with its Alexa-enabled devices that has caused them to creepily laugh, completely unprompted. Reports of the issue on social media date back as far as February 22. "There's a good chance I get murdered tonight".
Some Alexa devices unleashed a cackling laugh without any instruction to do so.More news: Amazon Launches discounted Prime for Medicaid Recipients
Are you experiencing this creepy Alexa laugh on any of your Alexa enabled devices?
But so far, it's unclear why Alexa is laughing even when users don't ask her to.
"I will call "Alexa" and the light turns on and goes off immediately after, giving me no time to say anything".More news: LaLiga to take VAR plunge in 2018-19
Riad Hawa, VP Hardware Partnerships, Deezer said: "We're very excited to launch Deezer with Alexa in 66 countries and across a wide range of Alexa supported devices". If you want to hear what Alexa's laugh sounds like just play one of the videos below.
Amazon confirmed on Wednesday that some of its Echo smart speakers were having random - and creepy - fits of laughter. If this had happened to me when I was home alone, I would have pissed my trousers. While that may serve as an explanation for some of the incidents, It seems unlikely that the reports of laughing-all coming within a similar time frame-are all the result of misheard commands.More news: UFC 222 Results: Brian Ortega Emphatically KO's Frankie Edgar
- Android P final release coming Q3 2018
- Porsche unveils Mission E Cross Turismo EV study at Geneva show
- Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway will return to present Best Picture
- US Aircraft Docked in Vietnam
- The top ten billionaires are even richer than Forbes says
- Arrest warrant issued for Pro-Bowl Oakland Raider Aldon Smith
- Microsoft is ditching Windows 10 S for 'S Mode'
- Extremists stage deadly attacks in Burkina Faso capital
- Watch a hotel rip Trump's name off its sign
- Trump says he'll counteract any Russian Federation meddling in midterms