Sources told NFL Media's Ian Rapoport the Seahawks have not made an official decision, and Tom Pelissero reported Sherman is scheduled to meet with Seattle coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider on Wednesday.
Any talks with the Seahawks regarding his future in Seattle will continue while Sherman is in Las Vegas.
Sherman responded to that report by telling ESPN's Josina Anderson that he hasn't "been told anything" about his future.
A seven-year veteran, Sherman has spent his entire career with the Seahawks and leads the National Football League with 32 interceptions since 2011.More news: Washington sticks it to the FCC, passes its own net neutrality rules
In all likelihood, this means the Seahawks will release Sherman, who likely wouldn't sign with another team until later this summer when he's healthy enough to pass a physical.
Kam Chancellor also responded to Sherman's message, suggesting Sherman could be gone.
Seahawks cornerback Jeremy Lane tweeted what appears to be a response to Sherman's message to him, "That text message got my heart hurting. damn 25 (Sherman's jersey number) was my Dawg #WhatsNext".
The 29-year-old Sherman is coming off Achilles surgery and due an $11 million base salary in 2018, so it will be tough for the Seahawks to be able to trade him.More news: 23andMe DNA kit lets you test breast cancer risk from home
The cornerback announced last month he would forgo an agent and represent himself heading in to the final year of his contract.
Earlier this month, Sherman underwent "minor surgery" to his left Achilles just a few months after a major procedure to fix a torn right Achilles.
Sherman has been linked to the Patriots in recent years. Sherman will count $13.2 million against the cap in 2018.More news: Trump says he'll counteract any Russian Federation meddling in midterms
- Nintendo Direct planned for later this week
- Google working on real-time background removal for YouTube videos
- Porsche unveils Mission E Cross Turismo EV study at Geneva show
- LaLiga to take VAR plunge in 2018-19
- Amazon is aware that Alexa is scaring people with seemingly random laughter
- UFC 222 Results: Brian Ortega Emphatically KO's Frankie Edgar
- Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway will return to present Best Picture
- Amazon Launches discounted Prime for Medicaid Recipients
- High jump takes centre stage on opening day of world indoors
- Android P final release coming Q3 2018