"I don't want to want to talk about this, because first it will bring more rumours and more talk and second we are very far away from this transfer window", he said.
"There are always talks between me and the club, everything is good, so we will see in the summer if things come".
Mahrez's 97th-minute free-kick rescued a point for Leicester against Bournemouth last weekend, and the Algeria global insists his mind is "focused on Leicester" and their remaining fixtures.
"In football players come, players leave".
"I am not saying I am going to leave or going to go".More news: Trump says he'll counteract any Russian Federation meddling in midterms
'To be honest, everyone has been very good and it's in the past now.
Despite his longstanding intentions to make a move away from the club, Mahrez has been in outstanding form on the field for Leicester having scored ten goals and provided seven assists in 31 games across all competitions this season.
'I was away from here because I needed some time to think, ' Mahrez told Sky Sports News.
"It was hard, I've always been in contact with the club".More news: Amazon Launches discounted Prime for Medicaid Recipients
Mahrez was coy and diplomatic when posed the question about his summer plans.
"I've been with these team-mates for four years now". The club handled it very well.
"It was hard, but I spoke with the players, I spoke with the manager, I spoke with everyone and everyone was OK, everyone was good", he said.
"After the last consultation with many doctors, I've made a decision to stay away from football", the Facebook post said.
A post appeared on Mahrez's official Facebook page claiming the winger will retire from playing due to injury. "I think everyone knew it had been hacked".More news: The top ten billionaires are even richer than Forbes says
- 23andMe DNA kit lets you test breast cancer risk from home
- Attackers try to saw off South African athlete's legs
- Neymar undergoes successful surgery on injured right foot
- United States closes consulate in Playa del Carmen, over 'security threat'
- No joint Korean march at Paralympics due to flag row
- How Manchester Utd came from behind to stun Palace 3-2
- Serena Williams ready to return after 14-month absence
- Amazon is aware that Alexa is scaring people with seemingly random laughter
- McDormand's alleged Oscars thief denies grand theft of property charge
- No age of consent: force must be proved in child rape