A disabled Palestinian young man identified as Mohammad Zain al-Jabari, 24, succumbed to his wounds a few minutes after he was shot with gunfire by Israeli forces in the occupied city of Hebron (Al-Khalil), in southern West Bank, according to the Ministry of Health.
"Troops fired live rounds towards a main instigator who held a firebomb with the intent to hurl it", a spokesman said, adding an investigation had been launched.
The border is a frequent site of clashes between Palestinians and Israeli security forces.More news: Serena Williams ready to return after 14-month absence
Netanyahu signaled back in November 2017 that Israel would not repatriate the bodies of five Palestinians killed when the Israeli army blew up a tunnel allegedly stretching from the Gaza Strip into the occupied territory.
Palestinian people have been protesting against US President Donald Trump's decision, issued on December 6, on recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital and relocating the American embassy to the holy city.
The Palestinians seek east Jerusalem as their future capital and view Trump's decision as siding with Israel on one of the thorniest issues at the heart of the conflict.More news: 'Feminist strike': International Women's Day sees transport & work chaos in Spain
The occupied Palestinian territories have witnessed a new wave of tension ever since US President Donald Trump announced his decision on December 6 past year to recognize Jerusalem al-Quds as the Zionist entity's capital and relocate the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to the occupied city.More news: Taylor's triumph over injury and England bowlers
- 'Fortnite Battle Royale' heading to mobile, iOS test run announced
- Should Daylight Saving Time be eliminated?
- Britain First leaders jailed over Ramsgate rape trial videos and leaflets
- Seahawks trade another star amid Richard Sherman confusion
- Russia's foes will 'be served poison' - Putin
- Dark Souls Remastered Comes to Switch Alongside an Amiibo
- Amazon Launches discounted Prime for Medicaid Recipients
- Derrick Rose has agreed to sign with Timberwolves, AP source says
- Xi urges USA , N.Korea talks 'as soon as possible'
- 23andMe DNA kit lets you test breast cancer risk from home