Taliban claimed responsibility for the assault. It was the latest in a succession of periodic bombings and other attacks on Shiite mosques, shrines and events that have taken hundreds of lives in Kabul's minority ethnic Hazara community since 2016.
His confirmation came a day after officials said the drone targeted a compound, and Khurasani said those killed in the strike were seminary students.
Security personnel carry human remains at the site of a suicide attack in Kabul.More news: Blankfein Prepares to Exit Goldman, WSJ Reports
The attacker set off his explosives before passing through a police screening post, suggesting that he may have triggered the bomb after a policeman spotted it. Rahim said three policemen were killed.
The State Department has offered a $5 million reward for information on Pakistani Taliban leader Mullah Fazlullah in the latest USA effort to pressure militants in the South Asian nation.
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani at an worldwide conference in Kabul last week unveiled a plan to open talks with the Taliban, including eventually recognising them as a political party.More news: Should Daylight Saving Time be eliminated?
Ten local policemen were killed and nine were wounded in the ambus, provincial police spokesman Khali Aseir said.
Local Hazara leader Mohammad Mohaqiq told the gathering that the explosion was an attempt to terrorize Afghans.
Daesh terrorists and Taliban militants also massacred dozens of civilians, mostly Shia Hazaras, during an attack on a village in Afghanistan's northern province of Sar-e Pul last August.More news: Browns trade for WR Jarvis Landry: What they're saying
The spokesman for the Health Ministry, Wahid Majro, said several of the wounded were in critical condition and feared the death toll could rise further. The insurgents launched a siege of an army outpost there, killing six soldiers and wounding five in a blistering, hourslong battle, Defense Ministry spokesman Dawlat Waziri said. The report could not be independently confirmed because of the area's remoteness.
- Palestinian man killed in clashes with Israeli soldiers in West Bank: medics
- Toys 'R' Us May Liquidate Its Bankrupt US Stores
- McDonald's Flips Logo To Mark Women's Day
- Trump envoy Kushner meets with Peña Nieto
- New Orleans Pelicans vs. Washington Wizards - 3/9/18 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Blockbuster: February Jobs Report 'Crushes' Expectations, GOP Policies Boosting Economy
- Air strikes resume in Syria's Ghouta as aid convoy enters
- Cristiano Ronaldo Brace Sees Real Madrid Past Eibar in La Liga
- 'Feminist strike': International Women's Day sees transport & work chaos in Spain
- 'Fortnite Battle Royale' heading to mobile, iOS test run announced