There's always room for improvement when it comes to virtual AI, and Google Assistant is getting a bit of an upgrade with the addition of Hindi as a language with which it can understand and communicate.
Google Assistant, the smart virtual Assistant part of Android phones, can now talk in Hindi. You need to download the latest Google Search app to receive the new experience.More news: Collier and Lee Counties Among Healthiest in Florida
Just to help people start with the Google Assistant in Hindi, Google shares examples of some typical commands. It is worth noting here that since Hindi support is rolling out for compatible devices through a server-side update, it may take some time to reach your device. The "Routines" allows a user to perform a number of Google Assistant actions with just a single phrase.
There's also a dedicated website with the list of commands available for Google Assistant in Hindi.
They will also be able to give Hindi voice commands for tasks such as setting alarms, finding directions, sending text messages and setting reminders, among others.More news: Mark Hamill Was Emotional After Seeing Yoda Puppet On Last Jedi Set
You can use Google Assistant for basic information like asking about the weather outside, directions to places, and more. Or Cricket ka score kya hain?
Last month, Google expanded Actions on Google in 16 languages, including Hindi, Thai, Indonesia, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, and Dutch.
The announcement of the expansion of the Google Assistant language capabilities came at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona earlier this year, with news that the functionality would be expanded with 30 new languages over the next couple of months.More news: South Africa vs Australia: Kagiso Rabada charged by ICC
The latest update with Hindi support is now being rolled out to Android smartphones running Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS and above. Google Assistant is already available in Hindi in the instant-messaging platform Allo and in a special version on Reliance Jio feature phones.
- Queen Elizabeth has released an official statement about Prince Harry's wedding
- New Mexico's jobless rate fell to 5.9 percent in January
- Here's Why PS4 and Xbox Players Can't Play Fortnite Together
- Iowa Senate majority leader steps down after video shows him kissing lobbyist
- Miley Cyrus sued for $300 million over hit single 'We Can't Stop'
- Oklahoma to use nitrogen gas to execute death row inmates
- 'Black Panther,' 4 weeks in, tops 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Amazon Alexa calling and messaging comes to Fire, Android and iOS tablets
- 2 fertility clinic failures 'beyond stunning'
- President Trump visits troops, promising pay raise - and maybe 'space force'