At the final whistle Chelsea coach Conte was seen marching onto the pitch to congratulate Messi on his display.
"This is a question for the coach of the national teams, not for me", Conte said when asked whether Cahill's and Morata's omissions placed doubt over their involvement in the World Cup in Russian Federation this summer.More news: Tyrann Mathieu: 'It's not all about money for me'
Andres Iniesta returned from a hamstring injury to start for Barcelona but the 33-year-old could leave the Nou Camp at the end of the season.
Messi played a hand in all four goals in his side's 4-1 aggregate win over Chelsea in the round of 16 tie, and has now scored six goals and assisted a further two strikes in eight UCL games this season. "We showed until the last minute that we can play against any team and now we have eight finals, and we have to make sure we play Champions League next year".
Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois admitted that his mistake allowed the Catalans to take an early lead.
"I'm very pleased to have the opportunity at the end of the game to give him my compliments. It was unlucky on our side, but I think mostly it was our individual mistakes that cost us".More news: Zuma to be charged with corruption over arms deal
Naturally, the irreplaceable forward was the focus of glowing headlines the following day, and one former Champions League rival - Rio Ferdinand - heaped praise on the Argentinian. "We want to fight [for it]", said Conte, who looks set to play his strongest possible team at the King Power Stadium. The weakest point is between the legs for a goalkeeper.
He added: "For a long time we dominated the game, we created chances to score".
"A fantastic player moved the final result".
"Now we have to face another competition and for this reason we have to have great confidence and trust in our strength to try to move on".More news: Russian Federation should go away, shut up, - UK Defense Secretary Gavin Williamson
- Groups: Duterte can't evade accountability by quitting court
- DC Films: Ava DuVernay will direct The New Gods for Warner Bros
- NCAA tournament preview: No. 1 Virginia
- Broadcom ends bid for Qualcomm after President Trump nixes deal
- Patrick's Day brings drunk driving patrols
- US imposes sanctions on 19 Russians for election interference
- Teddy Bridgewater plans to sign with Jets
- Meet BJP's 11 candidates for 10 Rajya Sabha seats in UP
- Ravens Ink 3-Year Deal With Michael Crabtree
- United Nations gets $100M in new funds for Palestine aid at Rome conference