Fans enjoyed Ryan's Constantine magicking his way through the Arrowverse so much that he's popped up a few more times across some of the other shows.More news: Sheryl Sandberg supports walkout against gun violence, posts powerful message on Facebook
The news comes from CBR, who revealed that if and when season 4 was renewed, Ryan would be signing a series regular contract rather than one that would simply see him make a guest appearance here and there. It was unfortunately cancelled after just one season. He subsequently reprised his titular role as the trench coat-wearing Hellblazer during the fourth season of Arrow, and then made his Legends debut earlier this season. Despite Constantine not explicitly being part of The CW's Arrowverse, Ryan appeared as the character on Arrow Season 4 episode "Haunted", which aired in November 2015.More news: Andria Zafirakou from north London wins $1m 'world's best teacher' prize
Ryan's promotion from a recurring to a series regular is contingent on a Season 4 renewal for Legends.
Legends has been a sturdy player for The CW this season and is expected to return, especially as the younger-skewing network is expanding to a sixth night of programming (Sundays) for the 2018-19 season. This does not come as a shock seeing that many fans consider the series the best among the current Arrowverse shows for embracing its craziness and basking in its comic book campiness. It will be third to the last installment of the season.More news: Google Play Instant lets you play games on Android without downloading
- India says 39 workers abducted in Iraq in 2015 dead
- NCAA tournament 2018: Tennessee vs
- Trump calls for getting tough on dealers: 'That includes the death penalty'
- 'Black Panther' Beats 'Tomb Raider's' Opening Weekend Box Office Haul
- Nintendo Switch Nindies Spring Showcase 2018 trailers and release dates
- 1 of Uber's self-driving vehicles hits, kills pedestrian in Arizona
- Vladimir Putin tells the West that he doesn't want an arms race
- White House won't say if Putin is a friend or a foe
- Another medal for PEI's Mark Arendz
- Australia Special Summit results in new opportunities for student exchange