While the Giants have options at the wide receiver position with Odell Beckham Jr., Sterling Shepard, Brandon Marshall - not to mention the developing tight end Evan Engram - Hurns could provide much-needed depth at the position.More news: Long Island forecast: Snow on first day of spring?
After a solid rookie campaign, Hurns burst onto the scene in 2015 with a 1,031-yard, 10-touchdown season.
Hurns has just 961 yards in the last two seasons combined. 1 receivers for the Jets last season, but neither is a star. The 33-year-old Lewis has 375 receptions for 4,502 yards with 33 touchdowns in 170 career games since being selected by Jacksonville with the 28th overall pick of the 2006 NFL Draft.More news: Nintendo Switch Nindies Spring Showcase 2018 trailers and release dates
Hurns tweeted thanks to the Jaguars for his time with the organization and said he's looking forward to what's next in his career. He dealt with a high ankle sprain a year ago.
The former Ole Miss standout receiver has spent his entire National Football League career in Indianapolis before signing with Jacksonville this offseason.
The Jaguars signed free-agent tight ends Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Niles Paul last week.More news: Three killed by blast in Afghan capital Kabul
However, there would be more of a need for Hurns from the other tenants at MetLife Stadium, the Jets.
- Google Play Instant lets you play games on Android without downloading
- 1 of Uber's self-driving vehicles hits, kills pedestrian in Arizona
- McIlroy: Bay Hill win a huge confidence boost for Masters
- Andria Zafirakou from north London wins $1m 'world's best teacher' prize
- "Yakuza Kiwami 2" Brings the Fight to the West on August 28
- 'Legends Of Tomorrow' Adds Matt Ryan As Series Regular For Season 4
- Federer equals his best start to year ever
- Dancers describe how auto drove into nightclub
- Frustrated Trump lashes out at special counsel Mueller
- Spain blame Romanian referee for Rugby World Cup failure