There will be less mixing of sleet and rain in the beginning of the coastal storm, Ms. Marone said.
Updated forecasts from the National Weather Service predict Williamsburg could get between 1 and 2 inches of snow Wednesday evening, NWS meteorologist Jeff Orrock said.
Friday brings in another system but at this point it's looking like temperatures will be mild (in the 50s) meaning the precipitation should mainly fall as rain with some showers lingering into Saturday morning. Those areas can expect 4-8 inches of snow by the time precipitation ends Wednesday evening. "We're stuck here. It's a good place to live, the weather is just not our friend", he said.More news: Nintendo Switch Nindies Spring Showcase 2018 trailers and release dates
Forecasters have issued a fresh weather warning for Sheffield after the Mini Beast from the East left a deluge of snow.
Because the snow will be so heavy, it will be hard to shovel.
"We can then expect normal temperatures for Spring", added Mr Vowles.
The Philadelphia area may see 6-12 inches of snow.More news: Trump calls for getting tough on dealers: 'That includes the death penalty'
Rainfall amounts over a half-inch are possible.
Today: Mostly cloudy with a 60% chance for rain/snow and a high near 44 degrees. Highs for the Triad area will likely only be in the low or mid 50s while to our south, parts of SC make a run to near 80.
The Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration had crews pre-treat highways and bridges in northern counties in advance, as nighttime temperatures will increase the chance of roads refreezing.
In other parts of the country, crews spent much of the weekend rescuing motorists after they became stranded by the heavy snow.More news: Syria's Assad visits Eastern Ghouta troops in rare 'front line' visit
- Australia Special Summit results in new opportunities for student exchange
- Dancers describe how auto drove into nightclub
- Aung San Suu Kyi cancels Sydney speaking event, 'not feeling well'
- Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban blocked by judge
- 'Legends Of Tomorrow' Adds Matt Ryan As Series Regular For Season 4
- Pop, South Korea's Weapon of Mass Seduction, Heads to North Korea
- Putin easily wins another six-year term
- FIU Bridge Collapse Survivor Sues For Reckless Negligence
- National Football League free agent rumors: Jaguars to release WR Allen Hurns
- India says 39 workers abducted in Iraq in 2015 dead