Considering all that love Fred Rogers still has, it's been frustrating that original episodes of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood have been fairly hard to come by in recent years. His television show, Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, was comforting and informative without being pedantic or showy - a rarity in contemporary children's television.
Won't You Be My Neighbor brings back previous cast in the show, including Francois Clemmons, who played Officer Clemmons.More news: Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban blocked by judge
Focus Features has released a new trailer for the documentary film, Won't You Be My Neighbor? The stamp-featuring an image of Fred Rogers in his trademark red cardigan alongside King Friday XIII, one of the residents of the Neighborhood of Make-Believe-celebrates the "groundbreaking public television series" that "inspired and educated young viewers with warmth, sensitivity, and honesty", the Post Office said in a press release. Less than two years after the PBS show went off the air, Rogers died of stomach cancer. Rogers' message was simple: that we should all accept and care for out neighbors. According to the official synopsis, Rogers was more than he appeared.
"I've always felt that I didn't need to put on a amusing hat, or jump through a hoop to have a relationship with a child", Rogers says in the trailer.More news: Vladimir Putin tells the West that he doesn't want an arms race
It certainly seems that with today's current political climate and social media obsessed world, viewers are eager for a few more attractive days in the neighborhood.
"Love is at the root of everything, all learning, all parenting, all relationships, love or the lack of it", Rogers says in the clip. "And what we see and hear on the screen is part of who we become". It was directed by Morgan Neville and arrives in select theaters on June 8.More news: Nintendo Switch Nindies Spring Showcase 2018 trailers and release dates
- N'Golo Kante refutes claims he will join PSG
- Trump calls for getting tough on dealers: 'That includes the death penalty'
- Australia Special Summit results in new opportunities for student exchange
- Frustrated Trump lashes out at special counsel Mueller
- Syria's Assad visits Eastern Ghouta troops in rare 'front line' visit
- SNOW: Somerset schools re-open as weather improves
- 1 of Uber's self-driving vehicles hits, kills pedestrian in Arizona
- 'Legends Of Tomorrow' Adds Matt Ryan As Series Regular For Season 4
- India says 39 workers abducted in Iraq in 2015 dead
- Aung San Suu Kyi cancels Sydney speaking event, 'not feeling well'