Messi will be back in action this evening against Spain, having missed the 2-0 win over Italy on Friday.More news: Liverpool Fight Off Real Madrid Interest With Mega-Deal for Star
"I think it's a attractive fixture against Argentina, in an fantastic stadium, and against the runners-up of the World Cup, and where one of the best players in the history of football will be playing", he said. "The day before the match against Italy he said he wasn't fit to play and he didn't".
"Leo has to play like he does for his club, to put him into another structure is madness. I don't think there will be a problem tomorrow (Tuesday)".
After coming so close to raising the sport's most coveted trophy, Messi wants this group of Argentina players to prove they belong in the history books.More news: Vietnam Scraps South China Sea Oil Drilling Project
"He can generate a lot of stuff.it's impossible to teach something to Messi". "We are in a position where he is untouchable".
Spain coach Julen Lopetegui has said goalkeepers will have to get used to the World Cup ball before the tournament starts in June rather than complain about it following criticism from Germany's Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Spain's Pepe Reina. On the right we can cut inside and we have the whole pitch in front of us. I always see him at a high level of compromise with the national team and its wishes.
The last meeting between the countries came in a 2010 friendly in Buenos Aires where Messi scored in a 4-1 Argentina victory.More news: PUBG's 'Event Mode' will have rotating game types and modes
"We've just played the world champions (Germany) and now face the runners-up who have an incredible player, who collectively have improved with the arrival of Sampaoli".
- Arm Sales Gain US Far More Than Saudis!
- Toys R Us founder dies as all 100 UK stores to shut
- Virginia cities to join Saturday's March For Our Lives
- Israel Sentences Ahed Tamimi To Eight Months in Prison
- Conflicts Prevent diGenova From Joining Trump's Legal Team
- Iran Hacking Operation Swiped 15B Pages of Academic Data, Infiltrated Government Agencies
- Buhari Offers 'Repentant' Boko Haram Members Amnesty
- Michigan edges Florida State, will face Loyola in Final Four
- China unveils list of potential retaliatory tariffs on USA goods
- Far southwestern Wisconsin to be hit with late night winter storm