The B's moved into first place in the Eastern Conference with a 4-2 victory against Tampa Bay last night at the Garden.
The Boston Bruins have claimed first place in the Eastern Conference.
With the win, Boston changes its playoff destiny, now drawing the New Jersey Devils in a first-round matchup if the playoffs started today rather than the Toronto Maple Leafs. Bergeron finished the game with a goal in two assists.
After Tampa Bay scored in the second period to make it a one goal game, Patrice Bergeron scored in the third to make it 3-1.More news: Missing Model Adea Shabani's Body Found in Shallow Grave in North California
Chara might be sidelined now, but Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy noted Monday that his top defenseman has resumed skating and might be available to play later this week. "I don't know if it's a statement. but I think our guys in the room felt that if we play our game, we can beat them, and we beat them before". They continue to compete without Zdeno Chara, Rick Nash and Jake DeBrusk, picking up six of a possible eight points on the four game trip.
Torey Krug had two assists, Pastrnak finished with a goal and an assist and Tuukka Rask stopped 26 shots for the Bruins, who have 107 points and lead Tampa Bay by a point. This is going to be a very exciting game and in one that figures to come down to the wire I'll take the home side who has the edge defensively and in goal.
The Bruins are 10-2-3 in their last 15 games, the first 13 of those games without Bergeron.
Tampa Bay backup Louis Domingue, who played and lost to his old team Monday, is likely to play against the Rangers in NY on Friday night on the second half of a back to back.More news: Venus Beats Konta To Reach Miami Open Quarters
Tim Schaller and David Pastrnak scored goals in the final minute of the first period to give the Bruins a 2-0 lead.
Schaller put Boston up 1-0 after stealing the puck from Ryan McDonagh just inside the blue line and started a 2-on-1 break with Tommy Wingels, who got off a shot as Schaller crashed the net and poked in the rebound.
The Bruins went ahead 2-0 on the power play at 19:34, a play that began with a Marchand faceoff win in the Tampa Bay zone.
The game paused for a few minutes with 8:44 left in the second after Rask took a few shots at Conacher when he was slow to get up after getting tangled with Brandon Carlo in the crease.More news: Clara Ponsati: ex-Catalan minister says Spanish extradition charges are 'grotesque'
- Malala Yousafzai returns to Pakistan for the first time after 2012 assault
- Russian MoD: Drop Test of Newest Heavy ICMB Successfully Conducted
- Centre issues notice to Facebook on data breach
- United Nations calls for inquiry after Gaza's most violent day in 4 years
- Easter chart shows United Kingdom covered in snow over Bank Holiday weekend
- Paul Pogba follows inch-perfect assist with stunning free-kick for France
- Man Contracts 'World Worst' Super-Gonorrhea
- Six year old free trade agreement overhauled by USA and South Korea
- Mega Millions numbers: Friday's $521M winning lottery ticket sold in NJ
- Trump needs Congress's approval to have Pentagon pay for Mexico wall