The fourth largest Mega Millions jackpot ever was won by a single player who bought their ticket in New Jersey.
The winning numbers are 59-46-28-11-31 and Megaball 1. Two other winning Mega Millions tickets were sold in OH and Texas, which matched the five white balls for $1 million prize each, according to Mega Millions.
"Hearty congratulations to New Jersey for their big Mega Millions win (Friday night)", said Gordon Medenica, the head of Mega Millions and the Maryland state lottery.More news: SoftBank to invest in solar power project in Saudi Arabia
The woman's ticket matched all six numbers. The odds of a ticket matching five numbers and the Mega Ball are 302,575,350 to 1. A 20-year-old Florida man claimed that prize.
The Mega Millions game is played in 44 states, the District of Columbia and U.S. Virgin Islands.
It's the nation's tenth largest lottery jackpot. Powerball holds the record with a $1.586 billion payout in 2016.More news: Russian MoD: Drop Test of Newest Heavy ICMB Successfully Conducted
The largest single winning ticket awarded $536 million to an IN family IN 2016. And as for the ones who don't - well, those rules might be changing soon, thanks to a recent Powerball jackpot victor in New Hampshire.
$521 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2018 (one ticket, from New Jersey).More news: Malala Yousafzai returns to Pakistan for the first time after 2012 assault
- United Nations calls for inquiry after Gaza's most violent day in 4 years
- How can you reduce the data Facebook collects?
- Volkswagen Still Finalizing Name for Smaller Atlas SUV
- Centre issues notice to Facebook on data breach
- Co-founder of Uber's self-driving unit leaving company
- Trump needs Congress's approval to have Pentagon pay for Mexico wall
- Former Disney Star Caroline Sunshine Just Joined the Trump Administration
- Israeli airline cries foul over Air India flights over Saudi airspace
- Paul Pogba follows inch-perfect assist with stunning free-kick for France
- Iran denies providing Houthi rebels with ballistic missiles