You have to go through these periods to make you stronger. "We are going to fight for our presence there".
United have finished seventh, fourth, fifth and sixth in the past four campaigns as they are heading for a second place finish this season which would be the highest after Ferguson's era.
However, the France worldwide was restored to Mourinho's starting XI for their 2-0 victory over Swansea on Saturday. Seven matches to go, we are going to fight to try and finish second - and this guy is going to keep Swansea in the Premier League.More news: How can you reduce the data Facebook collects?
The 22-year-old defender has been heavily tipped to leave Old Trafford following reports claiming his relationship with manager Mourinho has become strained. 'Manchester City is not important for me, what is important for me is that since the moment we left the first position and went to second, we stayed there for the whole of the season.
The Frenchman picked up a hamstring injury in a UEFA Champions League tie against Basel last September and has not been able to replicate his early season form since returning.
Pogba looked sharp with the France national team during the most recent worldwide break, scoring a goal and assisting on another in a 3-1 win against World Cup hosts Russian Federation.More news: City Pols Blast Trump Administration Decision to Add Citizenship Question to Census
Pogba appears destined always to divide opinion, and it seems Mourinho can't quite make up his mind on how to get the best of the club's record signing. "The team played very well in the first half, he played very well in the first half; the team went a little bit down in the second half and Paul also went a little bit down, but he played 90 minutes in Russian Federation [for France] and it's normal to go a little bit down with the rest of the players". I don't think it works with a two with Paul.
Information from Press Association Sport was used in this story.
"I think we have 10 more points than last season".More news: Malala Yousafzai returns to Pakistan for the first time after 2012 assault
- Egypt: Large fines for those who do not vote
- British PM gears up in lead-up to Brexit
- Mega Millions numbers: Friday's $521M winning lottery ticket sold in NJ
- United Nations calls for inquiry after Gaza's most violent day in 4 years
- Iran denies providing Houthi rebels with ballistic missiles
- Israeli airline cries foul over Air India flights over Saudi airspace
- After successful PSL final, Sindh prepares for Pakistan-Windies series
- Man Contracts 'World Worst' Super-Gonorrhea
- Volkswagen Still Finalizing Name for Smaller Atlas SUV
- Sloane Stephens Edges Pass Ostapenko To Win Miami title