Holloway and Khabib Nurmagomedov will fight for the official UFC lightweight title on April 7.
The UFC continue to be plagued by late withdrawals but fortunately on this occasion pay-per-view sales shouldn't take too much of a hit given Holloway's champion status and McGregor's involvement in both title pictures producing a fascinating back-drop to Saturday night.
While Holloway is looking to return to featherweight at some point, he's excited to take the fight and attempt to be a double champiom. I'm here on six days notice, April 7th.More news: Pulse Nightclub Shooter's Wife Acquitted of Helping Him
At UFC 209, when Nurmagomedov did not show up to weigh-ins due to an emergency situation as a result of weight cutting, the UFC didn't have enough time to find a suitable replacement that Ferguson would agree to face. I've got business to handle at 145.
"I think that Conor could return in September and it could be against one of these guys", White said.
Alternatively, if you don't have BT Sport, you can watch the preliminary fights on the UFC's Fight Pass service. I was like...how do you turn down an opportunity like this? "I think it's going to be a long night for him". But it's fair to wonder whether McGregor will fight the victor of Saturday's showdown. I say I need to fight for title and I don't care who ... bring anybody. MMA fight fans love all of this as it helps them to get to know the fighters better, the history behind their rivalry and help them make better decisions when it comes to betting odds. I said ok, I need somebody. He last fought in a boxing match against Floyd Mayweather last summer.More news: Kate Middleton, Prince William Arrived Late For Easter Service With Queen Elizabeth
But still, to accept this fight in these circumstances, its speaks volumes about Holloway walking the walk, and not just talking the talk. "He is already middleweight and welterweight champion".
- Return of Malala : Swat welcomes its native daughter
- NCAA Tournament Predictions: Michigan vs. Villanova 4/2/18
- Tim Cook casts corner-office shade on Mark Zuckerberg
- Herd Track and Field With Eight Athletes in Qualifying Position
- City Pols Blast Trump Administration Decision to Add Citizenship Question to Census
- Ibrahimovic speaks on match-winning brace on LA Galaxy debut
- California governor catches flak from Trump for pardons
- Trump's Amazon Tweets Dent His Stock Market Bragging Rights
- Trump blasts Amazon for hurting the postal service. Is that true?
- Egypt's el-Sissi re-elected with 97 percent of vote