A video that was posted originally posted on Facebook and then on Instagram showed what happened before the gun fired.
A man was shot in the head during a Facebook Live broadcast, when a woman he was sitting beside began playing with a loaded gun.
Devyn Holmes was shot on Sunday in a horrific video that has been watched thousands of times online.
According to Houston police, three people were inside the auto including the victim, who was later identified as 26-year-old Devyn Holmes.
One of the passengers can be saying, "Oh my god", before they both exit the vehicle, which was in the parking lot of a Valero gas station in Houston. The edited video cuts out at the moment Holmes is shot, but resumes after the gun went off, showing Holmes bleeding and unconscious.More news: Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, anti-apartheid campaigner, dies
"You're making me nervous", Holmes tells the woman.
'Where you from again?' Holmes asks Damper points the gun at him and says, 'Say something, b***h'.
'It ain't got no clip, bud, ' another person, since identified as Cadillac Coleman is heard saying.
The unidentified male passenger in the vehicle has not been charged.
Immediately after the shooting, Holmes was rushed to Ben Taub hospital, and, according to various reports, he is on life support.More news: NCAA Tournament Predictions: Michigan vs. Villanova 4/2/18
Cassandra Damper, 25, was reportedly arrested after she allegedly attempted to wipe off gun residue from her hands.
Damper is charged with tampering with evidence.
The other man in the video has not been charged.
The Houston Police Department is treating the incident as an accidental shooting for now, but a grand jury will decide if any additional charges should be filed.More news: Sky News could be sold to Disney under new plan
- Turkey's Erdogan says missile deal with Russia is final
- S Africa to give state burial to Winnie Madikizela-Mandela
- 1146 rebels, families evacuate Douma district in Syria's Eastern Ghouta
- Egypt's el-Sissi re-elected with 97 percent of vote
- Netanyahu Officially Cancels African Migrants Deal
- California governor catches flak from Trump for pardons
- Israel to send 16000 African migrants to Western countries, including Canada
- Markram century puts hosts on top before Australia fightback
- United Nations blacklists dozens of ships, businesses over North Korea smuggling
- Ex-spy poisoning row: Britain unable to identify source of nerve agent