Daniels has also filed a lawsuit to get out of a non-disclosure agreement she signed about the alleged affair, claiming that it is not valid because the document was not signed by Trump. And he finally addressed it!
Trump was asked by reporters on Air Force One if he had an knowledge of his lawyer, Michael Cohen, paying out $130,000 to Daniels for her silence regarding the affair a month before the 2016 election.
Asked by a reporter whether he knew about the payment to the actress, Stephanie Clifford, known in her films as Stormy Daniels, he said, "No". Michael is my attorney. "You'll have to ask Michael".
Asked whether he knew where the money came from, the president responded, "No, I don't know".More news: Ian Wright 'pleased' with stay-away Arsenal fans
Daniels is one of several women pursuing potentially damaging legal actions against Trump, who has also been castigated after making lewd comments about women in a video uncovered by the Washington Post.
Daniels alleges that she and Trump had sex in a Lake Tahoe hotel room in July 2006.
"As history teaches us, it is one thing to deceive the press and quite another to do so under oath", Mr. Avenatti wrote.
If Cohen made that payment from his own funds and without Trump's knowledge, it could be considered an illegal contribution to the Trump campaign. But Trump's remarks amount to his most robust response yet to a story that has continued to pose legal and ethical questions for the White House.More news: Cynthia Nixon, Democratic Candidate for New York Governor, Supports Legal Weed
Michael Cohen, President Trump's longtime personal attorney, acknowledged earlier this year that he made the payment but refused to explain why.
Daniels upped the ante this week, with Avenatti claiming that parts of her recent "60 Minutes" interview were left on the cutting-room floor because the "conservative" program didn't want to air her claim that she could identify Trump's private parts.
The steamy claims have dominated headlines for months, as the tryst took place a few weeks after First Lady Melania gave birth to Trump's youngest son, Barron, according to court records.More news: Seventh-inning struggles doom Cleveland Indians in series finale against Seattle Mariners
- 'Clearly stupid': Florida school shooting survivors forced to carry clear backpacks
- Woman playing with guns shoots man while on Facebook Live
- Apple is working on new touchless controls for its upcoming iPhones
- Remains Of Senator Bukar Laid To Rest In Daura
- Spider-Man PS4 Has MJ As Playable Character, 30FPS And No Microtransactions
- Duke of Edinburgh undergoes successful hip surgery
- Dreamers' deal is dead, says Trump
- Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, anti-apartheid campaigner, dies
- Railway Strikes Aim to Bring Macron's Reforms to a Halt
- Delta, Sears customer credit cards exposed in 2017 data breach