Friday, 20 April 2018
Latest news
Main » 'Warrant issued' for Conor McGregor after UFC 223 attack

'Warrant issued' for Conor McGregor after UFC 223 attack

06 April 2018

Broke one of the windows and cut Michael Chiesa really bad.

"No interim champ. When this fight is over, champion", White said during a press conference on Wednesday while pointing towards both Nurmagomedov and Holloway.

"His plane can not take off, he can not leave the state of NY with this warrant, he'll be grounded and I'm assuming eventually, if they don't catch him, he'll turn himself in".

Just days ago White assured fans that McGregor would return to the Octagon this year, now that does not appear to be the case.

DANA White claimed a warrant is out for Conor McGregor's arrest after he tried to launch a barrier at a bus at a UFC media event in NY. "Got down to the loading docks where the fighters were getting on the buses and started to attack the buses, throwing trash cans and dollies and things like that. I'm assuming eventually he'll turn himself in". Chiesa is scheduled to fight Anthony Pettis.

More news: Delta, Sears customer credit cards exposed in 2017 data breach

McGregor appeared to cause havoc at the conclusion of Thursday's media day with footage appearing to show Notorious throwing barriers at the bus.

It's understood that an altercation earlier this week between Nurmagomedov and McGregor's training partner, Artem Lobov, is what sparked the Irishman's pursuit of vengeance.

Chiesa's coach, Rick Little, said that Chiesa was injured by shattered glass, and that McGregor was "looking for Khabib" Nurmagomedov.

UFC president Dana White said credentialed journalists from McGregor's website, The Mac Life, let McGregor and a large entourage into Barclays Center.

White added: "I don't think anybody is going to want to right now, everyone is going to be pretty disgusted with Conor McGregor right now".

More news: Ex-spy poisoning row: Britain unable to identify source of nerve agent

McGregor has not fought since November 2016 when he knocked out Eddie Alvarez to win the lightweight title.

The former two-weight champion, who was stripped of his lightweight championship title this week, gatecrashed a media event ahead of this weekend's UFC 223.

"We're not stripping Tony Ferguson", White said. The only one losing a belt here is Conor.

At that point he held both the 145lb and 155lb belts, becoming the first fighter to do so in the UFC's history.

"You can imagine he's going to be sued beyond belief and this was a real bad career move for him".

More news: Markram century puts hosts on top before Australia fightback

'Warrant issued' for Conor McGregor after UFC 223 attack