The address will be carried on ZIZ Radio (95.9, 96.1 and 96.9 FM) at 7:30 a.m. and 12:30 pm Saturday.
This year's theme - Universal Health Coverage: Everyone, Everywhere - shall force you to ponder upon its applicability in India.
"Health is a human right".
"Universal health coverage is central to improving health and well-being - a fundamental human right", said Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh, Regional Director of WHO South-East Asia, on the occasion of the Day. A particular health-related theme is chosen every year and varieties of programs related to it are organised on global and national levels.More news: Spider-Man PS4 Has MJ As Playable Character, 30FPS And No Microtransactions
In addition, the country has a health sector monitoring and supervision framework, and an elaborate and well spread health infrastructure at all levels of national and local government administration.
Universal Health Coverage will ensure nobody end up broke because they had to pay medical expensesWhat is World Health Day 2018 all about?
Domestic public financing is the predominant source to achieve universal health coverage.
Cristian Morales, representative on the island of the world (WHO) and Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), praised the comparable Cuban indicators with results from more developed nations, especially the infant mortality rate that registered four per one thousand born alive in 2017, the lowest in the Americas region.
According to him, more than 90 per cent of Nigerians can hardly afford payment for their health needs and lack access to the NHlS scheme.More news: The gender pay gap is widest in these industries
Dr Aceng singled out the Community Health Extension Workers strategy yet to be implemented but that has been well planned to contribute significantly to UHC.
At least half the world's people do not receive the essential health services they need.
It includes the full spectrum of essential, quality health services, from health promotion to prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and palliative care.
Malawi government has also outlined the health care interventions available to all Malawians, free at the point of access with the aim of achieving universal free access to quality health care irrespective of ability to pay.More news: Remains Of Senator Bukar Laid To Rest In Daura
- Delta, Sears customer credit cards exposed in 2017 data breach
- VSS Unity takes supersonic flight towards space tourism
- Brazil court authorizes arrest warrant for ex-President Lula
- Amit Shah meets party's legislators from Maharashtra
- Raikkonen on top for dominant Ferrari in Bahrain practice
- Cities and States Mount Court Challenge to Census Question on Citizenship
- Buses in Syria's Eastern Ghouta for more evacuations
- Duke of Edinburgh undergoes successful hip surgery
- Apple is working on new touchless controls for its upcoming iPhones
- Malaysian PM announces dissolution of parliament amid crackdown on freedom of speech