Spain have form on their side - they have won 26 straight home ties, with their last defeat on Spanish soil coming against Brazil in 1999.
"It's a great feeling to be back, coming back from injuries is always hard, but it's great to be in front of my crowd on a very memorable day".More news: CWG 2018: Weightlifting gold rush continues, Punam Yadav claims 5th for India
Nadal had easily defeated Kohlschreiber on Friday in what was his first match since the Australian Open in January because of a right hip injury.
Holders, France, reached the semi-finals of the Davis Cup for a third year in a row after Lucas Pouille came back to beat Fabio Fognini 2-6 6-1 7-6 (3) 6-3 in Genoa on Sunday and clinched their tie with Italy 3-1.
"I don't know if there will be one more year, I feel well, I am going week-by-week". But, if it is the other way round, Nadal must withdraw from the Davis Cup squad.
"I have been practising in Acapulco and then I get injured just a day before the competition starts so I had to restart all the process, stop for 25 days and then start slow again", Nadal said, as quoted by the Express.More news: US slaps sanctions on Putin's allies
John Isner of the United States celebrates his victory over Joris de Loore of Belgium after the first match at the Davis Cup.
The 36-year-old Ferrer held firm at the eighth game of the decider to truly save three break points and then pounced at 5-5 to fasten the break before serving out for success. Fedex, a 20-time Grand Slam champion, fell to World No. 2 after he lost to Australia's Thanasi Kokkinakis 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (4) at Miami Open's round of 64 last month.
Croatia will meet the United States in the semis in September following Jack Sock and Ryan Harrison's doubles win against Belgium's Sander Gille and Joran Vliegen on Saturday which gave the US a 3-0 win.
Fourth seeds Croatia wrapped up a 3-1 win over Kazakhstan on Sunday as world number three Marin Cilic thrashed Mikhail Kukushkin 6-1 6-1 6-1 in Varazdin.More news: Oxlade-Chamberlain silences doubters for sweet redemption
- Kevin Durant refutes Kerr's notion that Warriors did not care
- Magnitude 5.3 quake strikes off Southern California coast
- IPL 2018: KKR to take on RCB in Kolkata Sunday
- Brazil court authorizes arrest warrant for ex-President Lula
- Salman Khan to walk out of jail after 5 pm today
- Trump's China trade war is just the beginning
- EK and Steve Kyler Discuss Kyrie Irving's Injury
- Buses in Syria's Eastern Ghouta for more evacuations
- Pakistan, Afghanistan agree to achieve common aim of regional security
- Black Panther swims past Titanic at the domestic box office