A bus taking passengers to the Masters golf tournament flipped over on a Georgia interstate on Thursday, injuring numerous people.
Several passengers were taken to the hospital, but troopers said none of the injuries were life-threatening.More news: Deadly fire in Trump Tower in Manhattan
The bus overturned in the median on Interstate 20.
16 people are in area hospitals after a tour bus crashed on the way to Augusta National Golf Club. Wright stated police imagine he had been using prescription drugs, alcohol. He said passengers told authorities the bus had drifted off the edge of the roadway twice before it veered a third time and crashed.
The bus flipped in the eastbound lanes near mile marker 185, which is between the Appling-Harlem and Grovetown exits, around 9 a.m. Thursday.More news: EK and Steve Kyler Discuss Kyrie Irving's Injury
The bus is owned by Jet Executive Limousine Services, Inc. out of Suwanee, Georgia.
Another 10 victims were transported to Augusta University Hospital, where five are still in serious condition, a spokesperson said.
Physicians Hospital in Augusta released video clip Thursday day of Kip Plowman describing the crash because he appeared in the emergency room to have broken glass taken from his hands. It says they serve Gwinnett, including Lawrenceville, Buford, Suwanee and Duluth, as well as other parts of metro-Atlanta area. WhitePages.com showed there were two places listed as Hoppenbrouwer's residence as of March.More news: Arsenal vs Southampton: Welbeck scores twice as Gunners win 3-2
A person who answered the phone at the business declined to comment, saying the company was "in the dark" about the details of what happened.
- Palestinian killed in Israel-Gaza border protests, medical officials
- Celtics routed by Raptors
- MI bows out in Frozen Four tourney
- Raikkonen on top for dominant Ferrari in Bahrain practice
- IPL 2018: KKR to take on RCB in Kolkata Sunday
- Oxlade-Chamberlain silences doubters for sweet redemption
- Jacob Zuma corruption case postponed to 8 June
- Key messages for World Health Day 2018
- Buses in Syria's Eastern Ghouta for more evacuations
- Feds seize Backpage.com, websites in enforcement action