The documentary will include a rare conversation between the Queen and the iconic documentary presenter, which was filmed last summer.
News took to Twitter to post a video of an upcoming documentary with the 91-year-old Queen and Sir David Attenborough, called "The Queen's Green Planet". Then, after a pause, she adds with a smile: "I won't be here though".
The scene is one of a number of exchanges between the pair - born a few weeks apart - that were recorded for ITV documentary the Queen's Green Planet, to be aired next Monday.
The Queen was interrupted by a loud helicopter while strolling in her garden with Sir David Attenborough a year ago.More news: Several injured as tour bus flips on Georgia highway
This is an ambitious project to persuade the 53 Commonwealth nations to each create an area of protected forest to mark the monarch's extraordinary reign and her legacy as head of the organisation of mainly former British Empire countries.
But the laughs don't stop there with Sir David pointing out a sundial incorrectly positioned in the shade. It wasn't in the shade originally, I'm sure.
"The Queen certainly knows what's going on and certainly knows what's going on in the world of conservation".
"She is very unsolemn, very good at putting people at their ease", he said.More news: Donald Trump cancels visit to Bogotá
"The Queen's Green Planet" will be broadcast in the United Kingdom on ITV at 9 p.m. on April 16. "Somebody sat on it, I think at a garden party", she said.
"It was very lovely and touching to see how she relates to them, and how much they mean to her".
The queen and Attenborough have known each other for many years as the broadcaster, who has been making nature programmes since the 1950s and continues to draw millions of viewers with every new one, has received a series of royal honors over the years.
Queen Elizabeth plants a tree in Northern Ireland.More news: Arsenal vs Southampton: Welbeck scores twice as Gunners win 3-2
Hollywood star Angelina Jolie pictured meeting the Queen in 2014 as she was made an honorary dame by the monarch for her campaigning work fighting sexual violence.
- Kroger Co (KR) Shares Declined While Waterstone Capital Management LP Decreased Stake
- Juventus tough rival, says Real Madrid defender
- US House Speaker Paul Ryan won't run for re-election
- CBO Predicts Persistently Large US Federal Deficit in Next Decade
- ED set to chargesheet Nirav Modi, Mehul Choksi in PNB fraud case
- Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton in ANOTHER row after Bahrain GP
- Take Two: Cubs Prepare For Postponed Home Opener
- Iranian President says United States will regret if it scraps n
- Roma president plunges into Italian fountain after Barca miracle
- Oil hits US$70 as China offers soothing words on trade