A mixture of freezing rain and rain is possible Sunday morning.
Insane may not even be able to cut it in describing this weekend's weather forecast.
There is the potential for a significant ice storm in some areas with freezing rain amounts in excess of 20mm.
The Montreal area is forecasted to be hit with two centimetres of snow on Saturday night, with another two to four centimetres on Sunday.More news: Russia Drops to Record Low 66th Place in FIFA Ranking
However, as the low gets close to Southern Ontario Saturday night, freezing rain is expected to move back in, and may persist well into Sunday before changing over to rain.
The nasty ice and freezing rain will end by Noon Sunday with temperatures rising quickly.
He says the storm's "impressive rainfall totals" could produce a total of 3 inches of rain and ice melt through late Monday.More news: Khloe Kardashian had a baby girl!
By Sunday, parts of the region could be grappling with up to 25 millimetres of frozen ice accumulation. Highways, roads, walkways, and parking lots will become icy, slippery, and extremely hazardous.
The risk is that ice accumulation combined with gusty northwest winds could down tree limbs and power lines causing widespread power outages, the weather agency warned.
It says the wintry weather is expected to continue into Sunday, and will likely lead to risky driving conditions. There is likely to be a lull in precipitation this evening, with patchy freezing drizzle expected.More news: Toronto Police Expand McArthur Investigation
- OnePlus 6 fresh teaser reveals design changes and specs
- Pinwheels popping up on Upstate lawns to raise awareness about child abuse
- Russia Performs Fire Maneuvers With Syria and Watches the US Ships
- Trump orders a review of TPP trade pact stance
- Prince William and Kate waiting until birth to discover baby's gender
- Teacher victory: Kentucky lawmakers override budget veto
- NYPost: Comey book alleges Trump asked him to disprove 'golden showers thing'
- National Enquirer paid doorman to keep Trump gossip quiet
- FTC to keep Uber on short leash over hacks
- USA relationship with Russian Federation worse than Cold War era