The snow will move out Saturday night leaving Sunday quieter but cool with highs in the mid 30s. In addition, strong northeasterly winds will produce areas of blowing snow, leading to reduced visibilities. Wind gusts of up to 50 miles per hour could make travel very hard especially south and west of the metro.
This weekend's winter-like weather could shape up to "be an historic storm if the current forecast pans out", according to the National Weather Service.
Strong northeast gales on the lake will build large waves that could splash over break-walls and beaches and potentially cause damage to infrastructure such as roads, walkways and parking lots.More news: Bayern Munich confirm new coach to succeed Heynckes
"Ice accumulations of.25" to.75" are possible and even if ice does not accumulate on roads, it's possible it may accumulate on elevated surfaces such as trees or power lines. Forecast lows will be near freezing Thursday morning but well below freezing Friday morning. The snow and ice pellets expected Saturday night in Eastern Ontario will change to freezing rain by Sunday morning, Environment Canada reports.
The winter storm watch is in effect from Friday night to Sunday in the northern half of Lower Michigan. Winds will also turn very gusty with peak gusts to 55MPH later Friday night into Saturday.
WHAT.A wintry mix is expected to changeover to all snow, with snow persisting across the area. "Snow accumulations of 3" - 6" is possible but could be heavier over nearby mountains and inside Yellowstone National Park.More news: US State Secretary Nominee: Resolving N. Korea Nuke Issue Top Priority
Wind gusts as high as 50 miles per hour will make travel hazardous.
As temperatures fall during the afternoon, rain will change over to snow for Northwest Kansas and a few flurries could fall across the Southwest.More news: National Enquirer paid doorman to keep Trump gossip quiet
- USA relationship with Russian Federation worse than Cold War era
- Russia Drops to Record Low 66th Place in FIFA Ranking
- Teacher victory: Kentucky lawmakers override budget veto
- Justice Department IG: Andrew McCabe "Lacked Candor"
- More than 50 Indonesians dead after drinking homemade booze
- Hub territory in blizzard warning Saturday
- Oscar-winning director Milos Forman no more
- African nation of Chad being taken off U.S. travel ban list
- Harvey, Irma, Maria And Nate Are Finished As Hurricane Names
- Instagram To Introduce "Nametags": A Copy Of Snapchat's SnapCodes