They were able to leave the house on their own, Meldrum said. "The last 20 years of my life are gone".
Floyd County Emergency Management tells WHAS11 that the fire is being fueled in part by one thing.
The fire spread into the attic, so crews had to pull the ceiling out to gain access to the blaze.More news: US State Secretary Nominee: Resolving N. Korea Nuke Issue Top Priority
The fire happened at a house on Booker T. Washington Highway.
She added this a challenging task and even with modern technology it can be hard to ensure all voids have been accessed. They broke windows, using ladders to get to the second floor ones, as well as chainsaws. By 4 p.m., however, there was nothing more that could be done with the hand-held lines. By then, all the occupants were out of the house. Camanche Fire and the Clinton Police Department also assisted.
Kamloops Fire Rescue was called out to the property around 6:30 this morning for a fully involved structure.More news: Weather: Rain in the north, showers and brighter spells in the south
Investigators are still looking for a cause of the fire.
A Cary firefighter suffered a laceration on his head after he was struck by a tool, but didn't need to go to the hospital, officials said.More news: National Basketball Association playoffs 2018: Predictions, picks for Warriors vs. Spurs first-round series
- Backpage.com pleading guilty to human trafficking charges in Texas
- Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City — Big Match Focus
- Harvey, Irma, Maria And Nate Are Finished As Hurricane Names
- Blizzard warnings and watches posted for much of Nebraska
- More than 50 Indonesians dead after drinking homemade booze
- Justice Department IG: Andrew McCabe "Lacked Candor"
- Family of man killed in Tesla auto crash hires law firm
- Thousands Of Mourners Bid Winnie Mandela Farewell
- China: Baby born four years after parents die in vehicle crash
- Instagram To Introduce "Nametags": A Copy Of Snapchat's SnapCodes