De Bruyne has been outstanding in City's march towards the Premier League title.
The 45th annual PFA Awards, where the victor voted for by PFA members will be announced, is to be held in the Grosvenor House in London on April 22.
International Egyptian player Mohamed Salah aspires to be the second Arabic and African player to win the Premier League Player of the year after Algerian Riyad Mahrez won it in the 2015/2016 season. He tops the scoring charts with 29 goals and has added nine assists.More news: Friday of protest in Gaza
His assists tally suggests he's not been overly selfish in front of goal and is the firm favourite to win the Golden Boot as he leads a certain Lilywhites striker by four strikes now.
Harry Kane is Tottenham's leading scorer with 24 goals, while Kevin de Bruyne, who scored seven goals and made 15 assists, has played an instrumental role in guiding City to leading the Premiere league table and to winning the League Cup title.
Kane and Salah had a phenomenal 54 Premier League goals between them heading into the weekend.
However, Salah has emerged as a real challenger to the Belgian after maintaining his outstanding form in the Premier League.More news: Crews battling house fire south of Amarillo, drivers asked to avoid area
There is also a surprise inclusion in the PFA Young Player of the Year shortlist as a Championship starlet has been included with a host of Premier League superstars.
Meanwhile, Marcus Rashford has a place on the shortlist for the PFA Young Player of the Year trophy as the 20-year-old continues his excellent form for United and England.More news: New BioShock in Development at 2K Games According to Report
- CDC reports E.Coli infections linked to lettuce distributed from Yuma
- United States allies strike attacks in Syria
- Winter Weather Warning In Effect for Halton
- NYPost: Comey book alleges Trump asked him to disprove 'golden showers thing'
- Instagram To Introduce "Nametags": A Copy Of Snapchat's SnapCodes
- Teacher victory: Kentucky lawmakers override budget veto
- Harvey, Irma, Maria And Nate Are Finished As Hurricane Names
- Bayern Munich confirm new coach to succeed Heynckes
- Child's Body Found Along NorCal River In Search For Missing Family
- Blizzard warnings and watches posted for much of Nebraska