These new TVs will be exclusively sold at Best Buy's retail stores across the country and they will obviously be available for purchase through Amazon.com as well with Best Buy being the third-party seller.
"These Fire Edition smart TVs by Insignia and Toshiba deliver attractive visuals and all the movies and TV shows you love, with an experience that gets better every day with Alexa", adds Jeff Bezos in a press release.
Above Toshiba Fire TV Edition smart TV
Amazon Chief Executive Jeff Bezos and his Best Buy counterpart, Hubert Joly, showed off the tie-in at a Bellevue Best Buy on Tuesday, according to USA Today. The Fire Edition TVs by Insignia and Toshiba are created to work seamlessly with Amazon's own voice assistant Alexa. Stocks will also be available at Best Buy brick and mortar stores.
For those that already own an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, or similar speaker, Fire TV Edition models can be controlled from the full range of existing Alexa devices. The TVs expand on what you can do with a Fire TV stick, letting you see live TV alongside streaming options, detect devices connected to your TV, and consult a channel guide, to name a few features. It will also be the exclusive seller of those sets on Amazon.More news: Redskins hosted underrated OG for visit ahead of 2018 National Football League draft
"Our partnership with Amazon is exciting because we believe Fire TV Edition delivers an incredible user experience and further strengthens the growing connection between home theater, home automation and voice control". Best Buy is quickly changing to meet customer demand in the smart home space.
In recent years, the TV industry has been moving more toward having operating systems embedded into the TVs themselves instead of relying on extra devices to provide access to streaming content, said Stephen Baker, an analyst with the NPD Group. Customers can learn more at www.bestbuy.com/FireTVEdition or www.amazon.com/FireTVEdition. They make the most money when they sell products that run software they've engineered to sell more products to the end user. If someone thinks about buying a new pair of shoes, Amazon's goal is to sell them those shoes before they change their mind - basically.More news: Erdogan calls snap elections on June 24
More news: Actor Harry Anderson found dead
- The US has banned American companies from selling parts to ZTE
- Lady 'Cats win two games as season end nears
- Essex County's air pollution lessening, report says
- Alien diamonds hit Earth in meteorite
- SpaceX Falcon 9 Ready To Launch NASA's TESS Satellite From Cape Canaveral
- Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls for iOS Announced
- Elon Musk admits that humans are better than robots
- Scientists Accidentally Create Super Enzyme That Can Devour Plastic Pollution
- Reviews on Brand New Atmosphere base bombings a Fictitious Alert
- 7 killed, 17 treated after 'mass casualty incident' at SC prison