Releasing its third list of candidates on Friday for the upcoming Karnataka polls, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) lifted the suspense on who would challenge the incumbent chief minister by fielding Gopal Rao from Chamundeshwari against Siddaramaiah. He lost the seat in the 2013 elections to the Congress.
Another BJP leader KS Eshwarappa, the party's leader in the Legislative Council, also filed his nomination from Shivamogga.
The BJP President also claimed that the writing on the wall was loud and clear that in 2019, the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government will be formed yet again under the leadership of Modi. Accompanied by the party's chief ministerial candidate B S Yeddyurappa, union minister Sadananda Gowda and party's Hoskote candidate Sharath Bachche Gowda, he appealed to the party supporters to ensure that Yeddyurappa becomes Chief Minister in the assembly elections on May 12.More news: Summary of GKN plc (LON:GKN) Ratings on April 21, 2018
Amit Shah visited several Lingayat Maths and met leaders of the sect in Karnataka.
"Siddaramaiah should not be allowed to garland any statue of Basaveshwara throughout the state", said Karandlaje.
"The grand old party will never apologise to the Hindu community because of its vote bank politics", Shah said. "Who is she?" he questioned.More news: No change in government's position on border - Coveney
BJP President Amit Shah demanded apology from Congress president Rahul Gandhi for "defaming Hindus". However, CM Siddaramaiah's move on recommending a minority religion status for Lingayats just weeks ahead of the May 12 election, has put BJP in a "Catch 22" situation.
In a thundering attack on the Congress at its own bastion in Uttar Pradesh, Shah said, "Till this day since Independence, Rae Bareli has seen dynastic politics but has no seen vikas (development)". Now with some Congress leaders here joining the BJP, it is our responsibility to develop it by leaps and bounds.More news: Weapons inspectors 'let in to chemical attack site'
- China Slaps 179 Percent Import Charge On US Sorghum
- Actress to get bail hearing in sex slave case
- United Kingdom pottery produces 'well suited' Harry and Meghan wedding mugs
- Large area of central Berlin evacuated for Second World War bomb disposal
- Senate Judiciary Panel Puts Off Bill to Protect Mueller
- Bucks unleash Maker, Delly in National Basketball Association playoff
- E. coli outbreak warning expands to all types of romaine lettuce
- Israeli awards ceremony cancelled as Natalie Portman opts out
- Senate Democrat to propose marijuana decriminalization
- FAA orders emergency jet engine inspections after United States plane failure