Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom and Evgeny Kuznetsov will get Washington on the right track, and the Caps will win Game 5 to take a 3-2 series edge.
The visiting team has won all four games.
The Capitals jumped out to a 1-0 lead when right winger Tom Wilson scored on a one-timer with 13:44 remaining in the first period. The Caps continued carrying the play and heavily outshot Columbus, adding to their lead with an Ovechkin strike early in the third.
Goalie Braden Holtby made his second consecutive start after Philipp Grubauer started the first two games. Braden Holtby made 16 of his 39 saves in the third period to help Washington get to overtime.More news: Shane Watson's superlative ton puts CSK on top of the table
The Columbus Blue Jackets struggled closing out games even against Philipp Grubauer due to giving up an abundance of shots and power play opportunities to one of the most risky offensive teams in the National Hockey League.
Taking the loss in game four was Sergei Bobrovsky, who allowed three goals on 32 shot attempts to fall to 2-2 with a 2.73 GAA and a.921 save percentage in the series and 5-12 with a 3.41 GAA and a.896 save percentage in the playoffs in his career. Washington led in shots 33-24, had the advantage in face-offs 36-20, and lead for 53:44 out of 60 minutes.
"We weren't good. There's no sense asking me things about the game", Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella said.More news: Weapons inspectors 'let in to chemical attack site'
"I don't think we've tested him enough", Foligno told The Columbus Disptach. We sucked. We sucked. In their last game, they fell by a score of 4-1 and scoring their lone goal was Boone Jenner, which was his 1st of the series and 14th of the year.
Game 5 will be a goaltending duel between Holtby and Sergei Bobrovsky. Oshie grabbed the rebound of the Ovechkin shot and put it away from in front. Dropping three straight games in the playoffs would be devastating, and Artemi Panarin and crew need to find a way to crack Holtby for a chance to close out this series on home ice.
Saturday during Game Five, TJ Oshie scored on a masterful deflection to give the Caps a lead going into the third period.More news: Summary of GKN plc (LON:GKN) Ratings on April 21, 2018
- Bucks unleash Maker, Delly in National Basketball Association playoff
- BJP president Amit Shah pays floral tribute to Lingayat founder in Bangalore
- Bajau 'Sea Nomads' First Humans Genetically Adapted to Diving
- Miguel Diaz-Canel elected as new Cuban President
- No change in government's position on border - Coveney
- United Kingdom pottery produces 'well suited' Harry and Meghan wedding mugs
- Senators vote to allow babies on Senate floor
- US Says Imprisoned Pastor Andrew Brunson Is Innocent; Turkey Lacks 'Credible Evidence'
- Key equity indices end in green on European cues (Second Lead)
- Israeli awards ceremony cancelled as Natalie Portman opts out