While Warburton bringing one of his and fans of the New Jersey Devils' most beloved TV scenes to life was great for a laugh, the team lost to the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-1 to fall behind 3-1 in the best of seven playoff series.
The New Jersey Devils need a victory here in order to force a game six on Monday.
After a monster Game 3, Taylor Hall assisted on Palmieri's goal but didn't have a shot on goal through two periods.
The New Jersey Devils have been badly outplayed in this series and have been outscored 10-5 in the two road games.More news: United Kingdom pottery produces 'well suited' Harry and Meghan wedding mugs
"Kuch tonight flexed his muscles", Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. J.T. Miller also scored and had two assists, and Vezina Trophy finalist Andrei Vasilevskiy stopped three breakaways in making 27 saves.
The play everyone is going to talk about and the National Hockey League probably will look at is Kucherov's hit on Vatanen. But if the Devils get eliminated in this round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, it won't be due to a lack of enthusiasm from a classic Seinfeld character.
Devils coach John Hynes didn't give out much information about the injury on Thursday morning before the Devils left for Florida.
If there is one thing that David Puddy has taught us, it's that "you gotta support the team".More news: No change in government's position on border - Coveney
LIGHTNING SCORE! Nikita Kucherov scores an unassisted goal. Kucherov controlled his own rebound while jostling with Damon Severson in the low slot, and he lifted the puck over Schneider's left shoulder.
Tampa Bay saw a goal by Cory Conacher disallowed because of an offside call about a minute later but took a 2-1 lead at 15:02 of the first.
Kyle Palmieri opened the scoring at 8:23 with a five-on-three power-play goal, marking the second consecutive game the Devils cashed in on a five-on-three.
Shotwise, Bolts up 4-0. Both of those goals came off of 5-on-3 opportunities.More news: Prince Death Investigation: No Charges to Be Filed, Minnesota Prosecutor Rules
- Key equity indices end in green on European cues (Second Lead)
- Walter Leroy Moody Executed Thursday Night
- ND, Alabama announce home-and-home series
- Senate Judiciary Panel Puts Off Bill to Protect Mueller
- Summary of GKN plc (LON:GKN) Ratings on April 21, 2018
- Carrie Underwood announces release date for her new album, 'Cry Pretty'
- Bajau 'Sea Nomads' First Humans Genetically Adapted to Diving
- Weapons inspectors 'let in to chemical attack site'
- Comparing Games 1 and 2 with 3 and 4
- Israeli awards ceremony cancelled as Natalie Portman opts out