Pune: Shane Watson starred with the bat, scoring a century, before bowlers completed the job as Chennai Super Kings (CSK) registered a clinical 64-run victory over the Rajasthan Royals (RR) in Pune yesterday.
CSK, forced out of Chennai due to the Cauvery dispute, were shepherded by the 36-year-old Australian, who hammered 106 from 57 balls to lead his side to a challenging 204 for five after being invited to bat. Jos Butler scored 22 but it was never going to be enough as RR finished tamely for 140 all out in 18.3 overs.More news: Walter Leroy Moody Executed Thursday Night
Buttler and Stokes did get together, to put up 45-runs for the fourth wicket to spark some sort of a contest but then Bravo got Buttler off a slower ball to extinguish all hopes. In an attempt to clear an Imran Tahir delivery he holed up an easy catch to Sam Billings.Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur and Dwayne Bravo took two wickets each but it was Watson who bowled a tight spell of three overs and conceded only 13 runs for one wicket. Watson after getting reprieve early in his innings played with authority and imposed his big frame on Royals' bowlers.
For Royals to have any sort of a chance, they needed a bright start but CSK bowlers ensured that there weren't any easy runs on offer.
Watson, who was playing against one of his former teams, was named man of the match.More news: Senate Democrat to propose marijuana decriminalization
Shreyas Gopal was the lone star for the Royals with the ball. In came Raina and the left-hander creamed off four boundaries off Ben Stokes' over.
A day after Chris Gayle's maiden hundred in the 11 edition of the league, Shane Watson added another IPL century to the tally, courtesy, an excellent knock against the Rajasthan Royals on Friday. He not only hit powerful shots but also used his wrists nicely for some delicate boundaries.
The demigod status of CSK captain MS Dhoni is not a secret, and every time the fans get an opportunity to get close to the man they nearly worship, they don't miss it.More news: Senate Judiciary Panel Puts Off Bill to Protect Mueller
- Judge Holds Kobach In Contempt Of Court
- Israeli military official confirms airstrikes over Syria
- Actress to get bail hearing in sex slave case
- Bucks unleash Maker, Delly in National Basketball Association playoff
- US Says Imprisoned Pastor Andrew Brunson Is Innocent; Turkey Lacks 'Credible Evidence'
- Giuliani Joins Trump Legal Team, Immediately Makes Absurd Claim
- Miguel Diaz-Canel elected as new Cuban President
- Summary of GKN plc (LON:GKN) Ratings on April 21, 2018
- Prince Death Investigation: No Charges to Be Filed, Minnesota Prosecutor Rules
- Opposition Parties Submit Impeachment Notice Against CJI Dipak Misra