In videos given to Local 10 News by passengers on board, the man was being combative with flight attendants and law enforcement officers who were taking him into custody. According to NBC News, passenger Jacob Garcia was accused of inappropriately touching a woman repeatedly while the flight was still boarding.
Garcia was moved to another seat, but he started to scream and insult the female passenger and her boyfriend, states the police report.
An American Airlines flight to Chicago was delayed after an uncooperative passenger was removed from the plane.
Police ordered everyone off the plane, which was about to depart for Chicago, according to the arrest report and an American Airlines statement.More news: BJP president Amit Shah pays floral tribute to Lingayat founder in Bangalore
Officer Roody Desroches pulled out his "electronic control weapon", or ECW, commonly called a "Taser".
During the transportation of Garcia from the plane to the terminal, officers had to carry him while he verbally chastised everyone around. A stun gun was deployed but did not appear to attach correctly due to Garcia's clothing.
Llerena said that during the struggle with officers, Garcia attempted to reach for one of the officer's gun but was unable to remove it from the holster.
"American began the process of deplaning the entire aircraft".More news: Prince Death Investigation: No Charges to Be Filed, Minnesota Prosecutor Rules
The airline said the crew followed procedure and began deplaning, but that's when a physical altercation between the same two passengers occurred. According to the arrest report, Garcia continued to resist efforts to move him from the aircraft to a police vehicle. "The same passenger was subsequently arrested by law enforcement", read a statement from American Airlines.
The plane eventually took off just over an hour after its scheduled time.
Miami-Dade court records show that Garcia was charged with one felony count of battery and taken from MIA to Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center last night. We thank our crews and airport customer service team for their excellent work in this situation.More news: Kucherov avoids penalty after landing high hit on Vatanen
- FAA orders emergency jet engine inspections after United States plane failure
- Battlefield to get Battle Royale Mode? Because of Course it is…
- Benjamin Mendy makes Manchester City return to boost World Cup hopes
- Senators vote to allow babies on Senate floor
- Shane Watson's superlative ton puts CSK on top of the table
- BBNaija! Presidency reacts to Miracle's victory
- Senate Judiciary Panel Puts Off Bill to Protect Mueller
- Israeli awards ceremony cancelled as Natalie Portman opts out
- Two QB talk remains for Cleveland Browns
- Giuliani Joins Trump Legal Team, Immediately Makes Absurd Claim