More than 870 homes in seven different states were purchased over the past decade by the companies linked to Hannity, ranging from large mansions to rentals for low-income families.
Representatives for Fox News declined to comment to the Guardian, but Hannity has talked about his views on real estate investing on air. Before and after then, Hannity sharply criticized Barack Obama for the USA foreclosure rate. HUD reportedly granted Hannity loans to help fund mortgages worth $17.9 million to help purchase two Georgia apartment buildings. The current HUD secretary, Ben Carson, has appeared on Hannity's show, but the Fox News host said that he never personally communicated with HUD about the loans.
Michael Avenatti, the lawyer for adult film actress Stormy Daniels who is now suing President Donald Trump and his lawyer Michael Cohen, said Sunday that Hannity's work with Cohen was likely "far more extensive" than the conservative media personality has let on.More news: Senate Judiciary Panel Puts Off Bill to Protect Mueller
Hannity also reportedly purchased discounted properties that had been involved in bank foreclosures, which on television and Twitter he blamed former President Barack Obama's policies for making increasingly common.
That's according to public records that were reviewed by the Guardian after Hannity was named a client of Donald Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen, who is under criminal investigation.
The article appeared to be making a case out of the fact that Hannity's loan guarantees from 2014 were not revealed in an interview a year ago with HUD Secretary Ben Carson, despite the original date falling under the Obama administration. Hannity insisted that the legal advice he received from Cohen was connected to real estate and did not involve any dispute with a third party. "I can say that every rigorous process and strict standard of improvement requirements were followed; all were met, fulfilled and inspected", he said in the statement. Hannity was found to be owner of numerous shell companies listed in the report, a fact his attorney did not dispute in a statement to the newspaper.More news: Liverpool v Roma: Champions League preview, predicted line ups, plus more
"The LLC's are REAL companies that spend real investment money on real properties", the Fox News host said in a statement.
Perhaps that's why Fox News is now acting as Hannity's PR agent.More news: Romania May Move Its Embassy to Israel in Jerusalem
- ND, Alabama announce home-and-home series
- A journalist's death was captured on Facebook Live during protests in Nicaragua
- Celtics' heartbreaking loss to Bucks in Game 4 teaches valuable lessons
- Walter Leroy Moody Executed Thursday Night
- Summary of GKN plc (LON:GKN) Ratings on April 21, 2018
- E. coli outbreak warning expands to all types of romaine lettuce
- Cotton: Democratic opposition to Pompeo 'driven 100% by politics'
- BJP president Amit Shah pays floral tribute to Lingayat founder in Bangalore
- Bucks unleash Maker, Delly in National Basketball Association playoff
- Israeli awards ceremony cancelled as Natalie Portman opts out