They also took the chance to grill the typically shifty and evasive Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, starting with a topical question about the recent air strikes on Syria - in the child's words, "Why did our country bomb another country?" followed by "I made that one up by myself".
Trump snubbed the annual celebration of the White House press corps previous year, the first time a president skipped the Washington tradition since 1981 when Reagan was recovering from an assassination attempt.
"Man, this is a tough crowd", she reportedly said.More news: Derrius Guice selected No. 59 overall by Redskins
But kids will be kids, so other lines of inquiry included Trump's favorite candy (pink and red Starbursts), favorite animal (elephant), and what advice he had on how to become president one day (don't care what anyone else thinks).
But she stayed on message, saying Comey "did some things that weren't really very nice".
"After President Trump makes America great again, what job will there be for future presidents?"More news: Wall: 'We love our chances' at forcing Game 7
The concerns over protests began as soon as Trump was elected and reached into Parliament, where some members argued against an invitation to the American president. According to a pool report, Trump told the kids, "Honestly, the children ask me better questions, if you want to know the truth".
The kids later met with Trump himself at the Oval Office. He had asked the kids whether they wanted their parents in or out of the Oval Office. "Because they don't want to embarrass themselves in front of you".
She also let the children in on some news, announcing Trump will take a trip to the United Kingdom July 13 and plans to meet with Prime Minister Theresa May.More news: Donors Pledge $4.4 Billion in Aid for Syria, Neighboring Countries
- Snap introduces Snappables AR games for Snapchat
- Golden State Killer suspect facing additional murder charges
- Arsene Wenger admits timing of Arsenal exit was out of his hands
- YouTube report shows 8.3 million videos were removed in Q4
- 13 children killed in India after train hits school van
- Defending Travel Ban, Trump Lawyer Says an Anti-Semitic President Could Ban Israelis
- Auston Matthews on his poor playoff production: 'frustrating'
- Michael Owen states his prediction for Man United v Arsenal
- Athletics South Africa to study IAAF new rules for female runners
- WhatsApp Soon to Ban Under Sixteen from Using Its Service