But according to Chinese publication Feng, as spotted by MacRumors, trusted analyst Ming-Chi Kuo claims that Apple's rumored 6.1-inch iPhone, the LCD variant - Kuo predicts Apple will release three models this year - will not implement 3D Touch.
Indications of this alleged change surfaced previous year when Barclays analysts suggested that Apple would eventually stop including the adapter with 2018 being the potential beginning of that change. Since the cheaper iPhone, this year is not equipped with Samsung's OLED display, the chances are that the device looks more like an Android notch smartphone than the iPhone X.More news: Real Madrid need new level to beat Bayern - Zidane
But the massive capital return program could be overshadowed by concerns about Apple's most important product: the iPhone.
Bernstein analyst Toni Sacconaghi said weakness in the current iPhone lineup was caused by a structural slowdown in the growth of new customers and the high pricing of the X model.
Apple has released iOS 11.3.1 for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. In it, Barclays analyst Blayne Curtis and others reportedly indicate that Apple doesn't plan to include the dongle with its 2018 iPhone handsets.More news: UNSC delegation to meet Rohingya Refugees in Bangladesh
Disappointing forecasts from the iPhone supply chain have lowered expectations for unit sales. The iPhone X had a bright, edge-to-edge display and 3-D facial recognition, but the $999 starting price was too much for some consumers. Most 3D features can easily be replaced with a simple touch-and-hold method, or long-pressing as it's more commonly called. He reiterated his market-perform rating and price target of 166 on Apple stock in his report to clients Sunday. When the iPhone series relinquishes its 3D Touch functionality, it would ultimately just be a matter of Apple standardizing the features on its devices across the board.
The bigger question now is whether Apple can keep ramping up revenue from other sources, most importantly its services division. This is the not the first time an issue like this has affected Apple iPhones.More news: Where is the migrant caravan from — MAP
- European Union makes last-minute attempt to avert U.S. trade war
- Nominee withdraws but remains White House doctor
- Why Champions League glory could see Liverpool LOSE Mohamed Salah - Jermaine Jenas
- Three Quick Thoughts From Thursday at the Zurich Classic of New Orleans
- Axis Bank shrugs off weak Q4 numbers, rises on strong volumes
- NFL Draft: Pittsburgh Steelers find a steal in Mason Rudolph
- Iowa children's hospital congratulates Josh Jackson at 2018 NFL Draft
- Andres Iniesta to leave Barcelona after 22 years
- Barclays thinks new iPhones won't include headphone adapter
- Draft-Rams-Third Day