The 3D Touch feature was one of the biggest additions for the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, released back in September 2015. For 2018, Kuo has predicted that Apple will release three new iPhones, a 5.8-inch OLED iPhone, a 6.1-inch LCD iPhone, and a 6.5-inch OLED iPhone.
When it comes to analysts and Apple-watchers, Ming-Chi Kuo is one of the most accurate sources out there; having covered the Cupertino company in his job at KGI since early 2012. He and other analysts cut their iPhone sales estimates, and Apple shares where are down nearly 8 percent in the past two weeks.More news: Tampa Bay Lightning drops Game 1 to the Boston Bruins
Rumour mill is abuzz that Apple is now going to release "iPhone SE2", just two years after the first iPhone SE was released.
Rumours have also found its way to the mainstream suggesting that a "Lite" version of the iPhone X will be available. iPhone X being sold at a higher rate owing to its premium label will likely be succeeded by a more affordable version.
"We believe price elasticity is affecting the current cycle, as new models introduced cost, on average, over $100 more than last year's new models", he said. To keep the price in check, these iPhones are likely to lose the 3D Touch technology as well. This will have a new type of display which uses a technology called Cover Glass Sensor, instead of having touch sensors built into the display.More news: Bellator-Emelianenko-Mir, 1st Ld,489
That left a hole in the market for a breakthrough iPhone close to the previous price -and Apple is already working on filling this demand. With any luck, Apple will be able to increase its profit margin on the iPhone X, so even if sales don't pick up, investors will be happy.
Oppenheimer analyst Andrew Uerkwitz cut his sales and earnings estimates for Apple for the next two years. There are little details on this technology and the changes that Apple will make for its next devices but it sounds like the 3D Touch feature won't be around for long.More news: Real Madrid need new level to beat Bayern - Zidane
- NHL Second-Round Playoff Preview: San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights
- Three Quick Thoughts From Thursday at the Zurich Classic of New Orleans
- European Union makes last-minute attempt to avert U.S. trade war
- Story of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Red Bull calamity triggers Bottas heartbreak
- Nominee withdraws but remains White House doctor
- Iowa children's hospital congratulates Josh Jackson at 2018 NFL Draft
- Comedian elicits boos and walk outs at White House reporters' dinner
- Fmr. NASCAR driver James Hylton & son killed in Franklin Co. crash
- PM Narendra Modi-Xi Jinping to resume one-on-one interaction
- Draft-Rams-Third Day