Later, at a joint news conference with the president of Nigeria at the White House, Trump said that Singapore and the Demilitarized Zone separating North and South Korea were on the short list of locations being considered for the summit. He said it was bad that the two Koreas had not implemented past agreements and that doing so again would disappoint many people.
The leaders of North and South Korea embraced on Friday after pledging to work toward "complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula", at the first inter-Korean summit in more than a decade.
Putin said Russian Federation intended to contribute to the normalization of relations between the two Koreas, including by means of trilateral infrastructure and energy projects.
"Where, if things work out, there's a great celebration to be had on the site not in a third-party country", he told reporters at the White House, adding that Singapore was also under consideration.More news: New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer Arrives On Wednesday
This article has been adapted from its original source.
South Korea had already turned off its loudspeakers ahead of Friday's summit talks, and North Korea responded by halting its own broadcasts.
At the same time, the USA and its Middle Eastern allies are tightening the screws on Iran.
"I know the Americans are inherently disposed against us, but when they talk with us, they will see that I am not the kind of person who would shoot nuclear weapons to the south, over the Pacific or at the United States", Mr. Kim told Mr. Moon, according to Mr. Yoon's account.More news: Draft-Rams-Third Day
Skeptics, however, say that Kim might be duping Moon and Trump into a false peace.
That would be accompanied by a "full, complete, total disclosure of everything related to their nuclear program with a full global verification", said John R. Bolton, Mr. Trump's new national security adviser.
And just last month, at a bilateral summit at Trump's Mar-a-lago estate, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe showered praise on the US leader for his role in the North Korean crisis.
U.S. National Security Adviser John Bolton reacted coolly to word that Kim would abandon his weapons if the United States pledged not to invade. America's newly confirmed secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, made his first trip to the region in his new role this week. As.More news: Nominee withdraws but remains White House doctor
They are sanguine that they can convert the Trump hatred into a big bad blue wave for the midterms and win back the House and maybe the Senate and get their revenge on the Orange Menace. "It could be a resulting work of the US -led sanctions and pressure".
- Tristan Thompson Breaks His Silence Following Khloé Kardashian Cheating Scandal
- Andres Iniesta to leave Barcelona after 22 years
- Demonstrations resume in Armenia following opposition leader's call
- Where is the migrant caravan from — MAP
- Barclays thinks new iPhones won't include headphone adapter
- Story of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Red Bull calamity triggers Bottas heartbreak
- Trump weighs decision on nuclear deal after Netanyahu's claims that Iran lied
- Axis Bank shrugs off weak Q4 numbers, rises on strong volumes
- NBC Nightly News Covers Allegations Against Former Anchor Tom Brokaw
- NHL Second-Round Playoff Preview: San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights