Marouane Fellaini rose highest to flick home the victor in stoppage time after Henrikh Mkhitaryan's second-half strike against his former club had cancelled out Paul Pogba's early opener.
"Manchester United, as a club, should always play in the Champions League, so we are very happy for that and, right now, we are focusing on keeping second place and that's what we work for every week now.
But we still need four points to finish second which is what we want".
The first game, at the Emirates on Thursday (April 26), ended 1-1 and although Wenger protected most of his regulars by playing a young, experimental side, he still picked up one injury worry with Henrikh Mkhitaryan going off injured in the second half.More news: Fmr. NASCAR driver James Hylton & son killed in Franklin Co. crash
Wenger then posed for pictures with Mourinho and Ferguson before former Arsenal ace Alexis Sanchez shook his hand. "Overall the team performance was positive for such a young team, but of course they were very disappointed in the dressing room".
"Unfortunately in my job, you remember much better the defeats than the victories", Wenger said, "and I have some painful memories here".
"It is the first time I have received a trophy before the game". "For him to be out is not okay; he wants to play all the time, he's never exhausted".
"Maitland-Niles slowly gets to the player I think he can be in defensive midfield".More news: Bill Cosby's talk of quaaludes led to conviction, says juror
City's stroll in east London, featuring strikes from Leroy Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Fernandinho and an own goal from their former defender Pablo Zabaleta, gave them a Premier League record-equalling 30th win this season, while also taking them to 102 league goals this term.
"I think so. At other clubs, I was already thinking 'what next?'" he admitted.
We have many players at our level who do less well in the competition than in training.
Mourinho also spoke about the surprise pre-game incident, saying: "I think we did it fantastically well as a club. It's been a good season for me, I just want to keep working hard and I'm looking forward to next season".More news: Andres Iniesta to leave Barcelona after 22 years
- Palestinians shot dead on Gaza border: Israeli army
- Iowa children's hospital congratulates Josh Jackson at 2018 NFL Draft
- Former Rabbitoh Mailata drafted by Eagles
- Story of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Red Bull calamity triggers Bottas heartbreak
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer Arrives On Wednesday
- Why Macron-Trump Friendship Tree Has Vanished From White House Lawn
- Barclays thinks new iPhones won't include headphone adapter
- Real Madrid need new level to beat Bayern - Zidane
- European Union makes last-minute attempt to avert U.S. trade war
- Donald Trump: Jon Tester Should Resign