Recently in the US, Verizon inadvertently trolled Galaxy S7 and S7 edge owners on its network by releasing an update that supposedly brought Android Oreo to the devices. For the Galaxy S7, the software firmware version is G930FXXU2ERD5, and for the Edge model, the firmware version is G935FXXU2ERD5. The firmware update is now being rolled out over-the-air in the United Kingdom but is expected to roll out in other markets as well. It noted the rollout time for Oreo updates scheduled for a number of devices, including the Galaxy S7 line.
With the Oreo, Samsung has also updated the security patch level of the devices to 1st April.
Do you use a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge as your daily driver?More news: New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer Arrives On Wednesday
For the unfamiliar, Android Oreo brings tons of new features to the operating system, including PiP, autofill, notification channels as well as the Samsung Experience update 9.0.
The hardware still packs a punch, and the software is about to get a major boost with Android 8.0 Oreo on its way.
Honor 7X users who signed up for the Oreo beta program received beta updates towards the end of February.More news: Why Macron-Trump Friendship Tree Has Vanished From White House Lawn
The ball is now rolling on Oreo for Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge so users across the globe can rest assured that they will receive a taste of Oreo sooner rather than later.More news: Real Madrid need new level to beat Bayern - Zidane
- Axis Bank shrugs off weak Q4 numbers, rises on strong volumes
- Trump weighs decision on nuclear deal after Netanyahu's claims that Iran lied
- Bill Cosby's talk of quaaludes led to conviction, says juror
- Apple's next to be $450 iPhone SE2?
- USA embassy's security official booked for manhandling police
- Sharks vs. Golden Knights live stream, Game 3
- Draft-Rams-Third Day
- Barclays thinks new iPhones won't include headphone adapter
- Where is the migrant caravan from — MAP
- House Dems push for investigation into firing