"They queue up behind whoever they want, no pre-ordained candidate".
Mr Saka Yusuf, the state Commissioner for Sports and Youth Development, said the party strictly followed the guidelines of INEC in the conduct of the congress.
An instance is that of Edo State, the APC Nationanl Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun's state, where the congress was held across the 192 wards but he did not take part in the exercise at his ward 2 in the Oredo Local Government Area where he registered.More news: Toure to leave Manchester City at the end of the season
Speaking further, Chief Emerhor noted that compared to information he has gathered from other states, the exercise in Delta State so far could be adjudged as peaceful.
He, however, observed that the poll experienced some delay; "I must say that because of the timing of delivery of materials, and the short time for aspirants to obtain and fill their forms even as at today people were still collecting nomination forms to fill".
"We understand that it resulted from sheets that were stolen; you know politicians are always in the habits of stealing the result, but that is under check".More news: #BellewHaye2: Tony Bellew Knocks Out David Haye To Win Rematch
Also both factions have been in court since 2014 over the leadership of the party.
"Whereas the APC is working hard to fully expose the full dimension of the plot and the evil people that are hell-bent on destabilizing our party congresses, we urge party faithful and the general public to ignore the well-known antics of Gov. Wike, the PDP and their collaborators within and outside the APC who have sold their souls to blood money".
Saturday's congress was expected to usher in peace and unity in the party but it seems to be the same old story of factionalisation. "APC as you, is coalition party where several interests are protected, this is why you find that the hitches are very minimal".More news: Friday Night Playoffs: Warriors @ Pelicans
He added: "If they fail, we will invoke the powers of the national chairman of the party and conduct the election according to our conscience", he had said.
- Lava from volcano eruption in Hawaii destroys two homes
- Cinco de Mayo Weekend at Guacamole's
- Narendra Modi calls Congress 'deal party', says no one can save it
- How Analysts Rated The Unite Group plc (LON:UTG) Last Week?
- United States warns Beijing for militarising South China Sea
- Wall St mixed as Fed seen on track for June hike
- UP, Rajasthan Dust Storm Death Toll Reaches 109, More Than 150 Injured
- Pride on line for MI as Rohit & Co face KXIP
- Day grabs two-shot lead after 54 holes at Quail Hollow
- English Premier League: With top four at stake