Following its record-setting opening one week ago, Disney/Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War marched its way to another great round at multiplexes worldwide this weekend.
The film cruised past the cumulative total of numerous wildly successful predecessors in the Marvel cinematic universe, including "Spider-Man: Homecoming", "Thor: Ragnarok" and "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2". Domestically, the film took in another $112 million - the second biggest second weekend ever, behind "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" - and has now made $450 million in the US and Canada.
Avengers: Infinity War did manage to secure a different record yesterday, though, passing the $1 billion mark in just 11 days, the fastest ever, eclipsing the previous record of 12 days set by Star Wars: The Force Awakens.More news: Elon Musk Apologizes for Dismissing Finance Questions; Tesla Stocks Fall Anyway
The Marvel flick opened in Russian Federation this weekend, where it scored a record $17.6 million.
The movie won the domestic weekend box office for a second-straight weekend and now has a domestic total of $450.8 million.
MGM and Lionsgate's Pantelion Movies' gender-swapped remake of Garry Marshall's 1987 humor, "over board" watched the highest-grossing opening weekend for Pantelion Movies with a better-than-expected $14.8 million from 1,623 theaters. They gave Overboard an "A-" on CinemaScore.More news: Friday Night Playoffs: Warriors @ Pelicans
In sixth place, "Tully", starring Charlize Theron, launched on 1,353 screens with $3.2 million. Overseas, A Quiet Place has earned a loud $95 million to date. Down 40% in its third week, the Amy Schumer comedy has earned $37.8 million so far. "Rampage" rounded out the top five with $4.6 million, bumping its domestic total to $84.8 million.
Next week is another lackluster week with only LIFE OF THE PARTY hitting theaters. Infinity War managed to slighly edge out fellow Marvel film Black Panther's $111.6 million second weekend.More news: Jacob deGrom leaves game with hyperextended right elbow
- Trump praises China's Xi Jingping as trade talks begin in Beijing
- Cinco de Mayo Weekend at Guacamole's
- Meghan Markle's half-brother says it's not 'too late' to call off wedding
- Looks like the Royal birth certificate of Prince Louis
- Ichiro Suzuki joining Mariners' front office
- Pride on line for MI as Rohit & Co face KXIP
- UP, Rajasthan Dust Storm Death Toll Reaches 109, More Than 150 Injured
- Severe weather slated for KMAland Tuesday afternoon
- Commerce, Cloud Computing Drove Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (BABA) Earnings Higher
- Dispute Leads to Shooting at Nashville Mall; 1 Shot